Monday, September 7, 2009

hitting the road again.

what do biking, water, Snowbird, picnics, and pros have in common? our little family.
it's been three weeks now, but praises must be sung! here is my bike loving man after completing 96 miles of hot bike racing during the Tour of Utah 1000 warriors race. and race he did, taking second in his division! we met up with John for the last 20 miles of riding, showering him with intermittent waterfalls and providing support to the finish line. the girls loved screaming "Go Skull Candy!" at any racer we passed, and certainly got their fill as we waited on the pros to grace the finish before we coasted back down little cottonwood canyon. and as if placing in this race wasn't the icing on the cake, he is planning to complete another 206 miles this coming Saturday. all after being tagged by an SUV and having a whirlwind trip to the ER! oh the stories I should tell, but unfortunately I need to gloss over it so I don't burst into tears with nerves. now a week later, all is mostly well. John's shoulder is not 100% but it's manageable and healing, and not keeping him from accomplishing his summer long goal. and now all his spare time is spent shopping for a new bike thanks to an unfortunate driver. all's well that ends well, right? go LO to JA! see you all in Jackson.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

I didn't even know he raced this race - and he took SECOND! Congrats John!

Unknown said...

We'll see you there!

Jenny and Josh said...

I am in awe!

Meesh said...

Happy riding. Hope Lo to Ja was fun.