
an absolute winner was this Pasta with roasted Cauliflower, Arugula & Prosciutto. (click on the title there.) oh, man that is a tasty dish. and a fabulous way to get some cauli into your diet. I made changes which may have affected the outcome but where minor. I finally have some delicious Roma tomato's in my very own garden, which I used in place of the grape tomato's. I roasted them whole with the cauliflower and then when I tossed the pastas they coated the dish with their roasted goodness. and I used a rice based pasta as I am still trying to avoid gluten and wheat in my diet. absolutely delicious.
and my cute mom showed up with a great recipe for Southwestern Garbanzo Black Bean Burgers. and since I made a double recipe wrong and they still turned out tasty, I believe it's a recipe that should be shared. she got the recipe from a little neighborhood cooking class and unfortunately I cannot give credit to the chef who shared it, but I am grateful to him non the less. and we are loving grilled sweet potato as a good fry substitute around here this summer. a great way to get in a few more nutrients. enjoy!
Southwestern Garbanzo Black Bean Burgers
1can garbanzo beans, 1can black beans - each rinsed.
4 large eggs
1/3 cup chopped cilantro
grated zest from one large lemon ( I missed this but I think it would make these even better.)
1/2 cup alfalfa sprouts
1/2 cup carrots (diced small)
1/2 cup spinach
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 tsp coarse salt
1cup toasted bread crumbs
Juice from 1 large lemon
EVO
1/2 cup diced onion
1/2 cup cooked rice (could also use whole wheat flour, cooked pearl barley or blended oats*)
saute the onion, carrot, and spinach in a little EVO. set aside, set oven to 350, and break out the food processor. add your roasted garlic (there was no specifics on this so just go with your own preferences on the amount. I think I went too light). run the machine for a bit it will turn into a paste. add the rinsed beans, the eggs, and the salt. blend until thick but still chunky in texture. add everything else and mix until consistent through out.
coat hands in oil and form 4 oz. patties placing them side by side on a cookie sheet. cook for 15 minutes. by cooking these off first in the oven the patties will hold up on the grill. it isn't necessary to grill these, but the added flavor is a bonus. after they are baked and cooled, they can easily be frozen for future use!
to grill: lightly grease the grill, set to medium heat. to add a little moisture drizzle some mushroom broth on the pattie. just warm through, top with favorite goodies and enjoy!
*blended oats - dray oats processed in food processor until a dry thick texture.


2 comments:
I've got a couple of recipes for you-a meatless taco salad and a tofu lettuce wraps. Let me know if you want them and I can send them to you!
Amanda, this is such a great post. The black bean burgers sound delicious. I'm so happy you're feeling good and getting excited about food. How about sharing a tiny bit of your story and this recipe on the Kitchen Mirror? :)
Post a Comment