Thursday, September 11, 2008

LOTOJA2008

we did it! we made it! we survived and then some!
what an amazing and near perfect weekend away.
"near perfect?" you ask. well, we did have a few mechanical hiccups causing us to just make our goal, rather than blowing said goal by hours rather than minutes. those are the breaks. and since it was mechanical and not physical we will take it with no complaint.
but the rest of the weekend more than made up for any disappointment en route. to be more than 200 miles from the stress of our reality for two days. truly worth the means of transportation. I am already looking forward to next year's relay. anybody with me?
Sarah and Todd were our chaperone's for the week end. more like our long weekend "play date". we had a blast riding across the finish line and hanging out with these two. it was great to watch them ease right into the racing circuit and really show off their metal. tough competitors those two. and Todd educated us about the places to be in Jackson, WY. we even learned a little about bovines and their mating rituals. but that is another post all together. or not.
this was the perfect precursor to the madhouse that is our life right now.

the relay was the perfect balance to supporting riders and having fun. we all enjoyed watching for and cheering on John Sr. and Amber during their 206 miles of fun. both of them finished in great time and with energy to spare. John Sr. didn't even get off his bike for the duration of the race. talk about hard core. and Amber killed it like we knew she would. if you haven't heard all about it yet Patrick breaks it down very nicely right here. great commentary.

many thanks to my mom and especially my sister and to Mat; who weathered the troops here at home so we could get saddle soar. the adventures with Aunt Jessa are a favorite topic this week. and she survived the week end in our dungeon bedroom while girls fell from their bunks in the middle of the night. (I swear that's never happened before!)

looking forward to LOTOJA'09! it just sounds so relaxing right now.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

you cannot comprehend the jealousy I feel right now. Just to know that you got to go out and ride your bike to get ready for the race, let alone ride it! I want to be like you when I grow up.

ali said...

what are you talking about, you crazy! Look at this accomplishment! Way to go!

DeDee said...

That's awesome! I wish I had it in me!

Lisa Cannon said...

I admire you!! That is something I hope to get into someday. I love riding, but I need a road bike first. Maybe when I grow up!

Way to go!!!

Nicole Hernandez said...

Wow-that is amazing! Good for you guys.