Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Breaking for Spring

our Spring Break began a little early with the arrival of some California Cousins and celebrating the birth of a local cousin. the party was done up just right. complete with a Star Wars Cake,


plenty of games like stomp tag (don't know what that is really called, but you have to step on the "tail" of the person to get them out) bingo, musical numbers, and of course




a good old fashioned game of Pin the tail on the Donkey. perfect fun for everyone involved.




the next day for our viewing pleasure the kindergarten put on a spectacular Animal Program. we are still hearing these songs drifting around the house, in the car, any old place a girl can sing.




the the Easter Festivities began.

multiple egg hunts, and way too much candy consumed in too large amounts.



note to self: it is unnecessary to BUY candy for this holiday. it just seems to appear.




and it wouldn't be Easter without a bit of cold weather.


that is where the picture trail ends but the list continues.


Mom and Dad make it to the Temple and an enjoyable dinner that took way to long, but resulted in an amazing and unplanned "late over" at Tami and Dan's - so gonna make that up to you!


Lovely new Easter dresses and an amazing Easter day filled with reminders of Christ's Sacrifice and Family that we are tied to forever.


Mom gets a hair cut then totals the family car. yeah, I know fun times. all is well and car is getting fixed up, hopefully good as ever.


sleep overs, cousins, play dates, cousins, new shoes, cousins, rainy weather, cousins, modeling gigs, cousins, swimming fun, saying hello to a far from home aunt, and saying good bye to cousins.


it was a grand and wonderful week, just what we needed.

a staycation where the fun practically met us at the front door every day.


Spring Break was a wild success and I think just the thing to sweep out those blues and welcome sunnier days! hello sunshine.


and the cherry on top - Mom runs thirteen miles all on her own without quitting!

Saturday I ran the Salt Lake Half Marathon finishing in 2 hours 16 minutes. not bad for my first time and being under trained. two days later I can make it down the stairs with less pain and am pondering the idea of maybe doing that again. SOMEDAY. but for now I am ready to move on to some biking and focusing on that pesky Ragnar race. this year the mileage is higher and harder, but this year the cars will be full of family to cheer and support.

looking forward to good times to come!









6 comments:

Teisha said...

It looks like it is warming up nicely there! What a fun spring break! I can not wait for summer no more schedules or homework! What could be better?

Congrats on your half! That is a fabulous time, very impressive!

Callie said...

Fun times, I can't believe how old those cousins are getting. Sad about the car wreck, I hope nobody was hurt! And way to go on the race...you are super woman!

The Hills... said...

That last comment was from me! :)

Unknown said...

It was great to spend some time with you and drink in the goodness of your girls. Love you Mandy, next year lets finish together, and make it under 2 hours, what do you think? Or perhaps, instead, we do the bike tour? there's a though worth pondering...

JDM said...

Sounds like a great time. I am so proud of you for running the 1/2. You are awesome. Although I never plan to follow in your running shoes (my feet won't allow it) I will support you until the end!

Michele said...

Hey - We need pictures of the new car. And congrats on your race...You will do great at Ragnar.