Wednesday, April 2, 2008

my day (late pm)



I wish I had more to report. but after several still failed attempts at threading this elastic, and two work outs, and frankly just sitting down - I am done.

but I did it, my day is inked. I liked doing this more than I expected - it kept me moving and on task. I was anxious to show I do something in my days. sad that today it didn't feel like much. another mom today asked how I was doing and when I expressed my frustration at doing the same task several different times a day, she replied "this mommy thing sure isn't for wimps is it?" we had a good laugh. but it is true. much of our days are simply ushering young ones to and from and over seeing clean ups and hoping to find the chance to teach them to be better little ones some where in the mix. it does take a strong disposition, but I guess mine will do.

now, I am going to crawl between the sheets and catch up on some of your blogs.

it all begins again bright and early. I am glad I like waking up to my job, at least each day offers something new. tomorrow we'll try baking; can't wait to see how it goes!

7 comments:

Nicole Hernandez said...

I want a nap!

By the way, do you ever print out your blog posts?

It's something I've been thinking about.

julio

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your day with us Mandy, I'm so glad you did-you may not feel like you got much "done" but even you got to see all you are DOing to raise your family. Here's to another great day tomorrow!

Jessica said...

I loved it! What a great Mom!

heidi said...

that was fun. hope you do it again soon.

DeDee said...

Thanks for making me feel like I'm not alone. I love those few minutes between when my head hits the pillow and when I fall asleep. Aaaaahhhh...I actually made it.

Michele said...

Wow. Some days are like that for me, but thankfully not too many. You are motivating.

Gayle said...

I loved reading about your day and seeing the pics of Ruby and the dog food and Ella and Grace doing a typical hadfield child sister/brother or sister sister thing before dinner! What a hoot. But I know how tired any mom gets! Hey, I forgot about the elastic problem...I will look for my magic tool and we can see if that works. 5 and 1/2 days to take off! Panic anyone?