Wednesday, January 13, 2010

intentions

( little girls doodle on our regifted easel.)
since Christmas my intentions have been to get things done. lots and lots of things. several projects still hide in their proverbial corners waiting for my attention. so many I feel almost schizophrenic as I hop from project to project in my head. each time I pick up a new train of thought on a different project I easily establish my line of attack. only to forget minutes later as I study the problem on a new thought. it's like I am constantly doodling my ideas and desires, only much less productive. this week I was reminded of a post a popular blogger shared over a year ago. I remember this post clearly and was so glad to be reminded. we choose what we do.
and this post is about being productive and not my lack there of. good things continue to jump to the front of the line. unexpected good things. a call to help with a PTA project. a play date with a cousin or unexpected friend. a bit of work to help pay the bills. unexpected good things. one of those was this.
saturday my cute sister in law called with the offer of a table. I missed her call and missed out on the table, but as a consolation prize she offered me this desk. an old teacher desk she picked up second hand and no longer had a use for. yes please. storage space for all the crap I kept atop my old kitchen table desk. lovely. so I have spent a few days whittling down piles of old bills that need shredding or filing. and man the improvement is vast. it's just comical how you can't even tell! but a good thing that replaced the sewing I had planned for my spare moments. and now the old kitchen table can retire to my "sewing room" to house all those projects! and those projects won't need to be cleared from our current kitchen table every time we have a meal. see the progress? see the good? yeah, me too!


which brings me back to my schizophrenia. this is what I got for Christmas! SUCH an improvement for this room. I was on cloud nine when I accidentally stumbled on it's hiding place two days before Christmas. but in making this change I find myself antsy to finally put this room together. I keep telling my other personalities that I am not intentionally letting others in line ahead of them. I know that I should be dealing with the several projects I have already invested in, but I just can't help it! and dream doodling never hurt anyone right?

so this is what I want to doodle about. and since my budget is literally $0.00, doodling is about all I can think to do. so, I thought I might put it out to you, my friends. many of you frequent design blogs or just have a knack for making houses homes. I am looking for fun suggestions of ways to "decorate on a zero budget". does that even exist? the hope that a piano will get tucked into that corner on the left is also a work in progress. any ideas how to move a piano without the help of your male counterpart?

so share, friends, share! what suggestions would you make? where do you like to find great detail items without big ticket prices? or just great ideas, thoughts on what might be fun on that big blank wall! picture links and online sources quite welcome. for me I will be doing my dreaming in a warmer climate. welcoming sunnier weather and actually taking the time to hit the pavement and get my run back on. all in the good company of mom and sisters. sounds wonderful. happy doodle dreaming all.



3 comments:

Dan said...

Again, I say it was such a treat for Noelle to have a play date . Thank you so much! She has been talking about the girls ever since. I have a knack for dreaming up projects that somehow end up on the same list as my important to-do's. These are the great intentions in my life that seem to nag at me too. Keep in mind that life is all about choosing what you want to do with your days and going off of both lists and being flexible. Ahhh, and that good old question of how to decorate- you have an amazing sister-in-law. I bet she has some good ideas for you! Good luck and thanks again!

Katie said...

you need a massive canvas. And a great color on that canvas to be your art. Perhaps the rule of thirds; two thirds of the canvas in one color, one third of the canvas in another...

Serena Potter said...

Exactly! A large canvas - with fun color. You could even have the girls put hand prints all over it, overlapping in different colors - or maybe just chose three colors...Katie, we think along the same lines!