Monday, November 2, 2009

attitude of gratitude

(john and our girls cozy down for bed, summer 2009)

two days into November and it's time to be thankful.


today I struggled a little with this. some days things feel heavy. and you forget the goodness that is your life. that was how I felt this evening.


eventually it was bed time. and as I sat combing ruby's hair it began to seep in.
joy. understanding. hope.
I watched as grace and ella were in thralled with john in our nightly reading of scriptures.
I felt it then. gratitude for the four most precious things in my life. my little family. and no matter what is in our future, I get to keep them all forever.


and to help me keep that feeling, this month each post will be filled with just that, gratitude.


life is good.

4 comments:

Carin Davis said...

So true~ thank you for the beautiful reminder!

Tami said...

Life is good. Thank you all for coming out to the blessing. We felt so lucky to have the support of the family for such a special day. I love the picture- is that on the balcony?

Gayle said...

Beautiful.
Love you all so much!
You have identified your greatest treasure. It is also your greatest strength.

Tammy said...

Thank you! That was exactly what I needed to hear today! Thanks for helping me see the true blessings in life!