Saturday, August 15, 2009

week two




while I run off to visit Elizabeth, I have had the blessing of being able to leave my girls with their Grandma April. when I finally return to retrieve them they have been sunned, swimmed, visited the zoo, had tea parties, played Lego's, been generally entertained till they need a nap. I have been so grateful for her willingness to help me begin this process and return a better person, literally, inside and out. THANK YOU APRIL, from the depths of my shiny clean insides!

over all this was a very good week. Monday was my best day yet - on the fast and in the past few months as well. my energy level was high and my strength was strong. I do a candida "shot" every three days and so the day I take the dose is usually my best out to the three, and you guessed it that was Monday. but the day was so good I was able to assemble a very tasty and pretty healthy lasagna for my family to ingest - I could not have done this any other day of the week. Tuesday and Wednesday were still good days, but I felt the effect of the infection on those days as my body worked to control it again. I hadn't felt hungry in days, but Tuesday afternoon, whoa nellie was my tummy turbulent! but I made it and love that I can feel my body working hard against thing I am fighting. and I am grateful it is this and not so many other things that could be more permanent and debilitating. so every few days I have a dip, and then I rise out of it and then I dip again. I have six more doses to ingest, but that seems like nothing compared to juicing.

we had family to dinner on Wednesday and temptation was high, but my will was strong. Saturday brought another family party and I was probably at my worst that evening, but still made it through - only licking my fingers once after cutting and passing out some cake.
starting Wednesday my regimen changed and I began adding organic pressed apple juice to my juice diet - yummy - to help soften the stones that have inevitably formed in my gallbladder and my kidneys. along with a daily shot of lemon juice and olive oil, which tastes surprisingly good, as well. that day I was told that I was wrapping it up! she felt we could conclude the detox/cleanse by the following Wednesday! by Friday the prognosis was even better, I am scheduled to conclude this phase of my journey Tuesday morning! she will "bring down" my stones that morning and when I leave I will be allowed to eat some kind of solid foods - not sure what kinds yet, but chewing almost anything sounds like a treat! it's almost too good to be true.
I tried to go for a short run on Tuesday morning and was shocked at how difficult it felt. my heart and lungs felt great, it was my muscles. my strong long lean muscles I spent so many months working so hard to build, not so strong anymore. I have a ways to go to knock this thing for sure, but I know I can meet the challenge. one thing I have learned for certain in these last two weeks, I do get to decide how I will react. so often I think I have reacted, and done so poorly. but through these experiences it has truly sunk in. I am in charge. and I knew I could do hard things, but now I know I can do really really hard things. this has been really hard, but I did it. and I can keep on going, the beginning of a journey that will last the rest of my life. anyone want to join me?

6 comments:

heidi said...

You are doing something I'm not sure I could handle. Your strength is very inspiring! Keep it up. I am enjoying reading your journey through this. And you are in my prayers.

John said...

No, but admire you for doing it. :)

Jenny and Josh said...

Not down for the juice diet or the colon cleanse. But I am very excited to learn about your new diet, once you start eating again!

Jessica said...

Ya for really food tomorrow!!!

Nicole Hernandez said...

I wish I had the will power to do it! I need it-I feel very tired and yucky most of the time. But, I don't have the support to do it.

Meesh said...

Good Job Amanda. That sounds incredibly hard to do but I hope more than anything, you feel better.