Tuesday, May 12, 2009

very vogue


our spring break - a way back in April - was a rainy cold week of hanging out inside not out.
the one ray of sunshine - aside from having cousins to share it with - was an unexpected "modeling" gig for the girls.
one afternoon I got a call out of the blue from a photographer friend who needed a six year old model for a shoot that was going on right then. we had nothing else going on and it was a great alternative from sitting in front of the T.V. so we combed hair and ran out the door.
let me clarify, we only combed the six year old's hair.
upon walking in to the studio the client asked if she could dress all four of the girls I had in tow. that's three of my own and one borrowed niece.
the pay would be three dress ups of their choice - EACH.
so our raga muffin ladies got to shine in the spotlight - literally- messy hair and all.
and shine they did, it was the highlight of our week, no doubt.
the girls have patiently waited for the coveted items to arrive.
the week they finally did we held our own "mini" shoot - these girls can certainly strike a pose!

4 comments:

Michele said...

So much fun! Addison got her dresses in the mail as well. She has been wearing the cape around the house constantly! What a fun time. Thanks for taking them!

Serena Potter said...

In response to the Messenger - do you think the author intended the bank robber to play the part of Savior? When I read the bit about him willingly getting caught and paying the price- going to prison - for the greater good- I was struck that it was about the atonement. I just think Zuzak could have left off the bit about the author being the "author" of all this. I don't like that he removed the reality from it. Though, having read the Book Thief, also an unusual voice, I should have sorted that out on my own.

Jenny and Josh said...

They look great!

Tammy said...

That is every little girl's dream! How fun! My Amanda would be in absolute heaven!