Thursday, March 26, 2009

jeckle or hyde?

remember days like these?
shade seeking, popsicle eating, cool grass moments.


tree climbing, water fight thrilling, playground moments.

fountain frolicking, barefoot cooling, warm evening moments.

I honestly believe I suffer from a seasonal dysfunction.
winter brings out the hermit in me.
I could sleep ALL day long, or at least 'til mid morning easy.
I move like molasses, I think my blood flows like molasses.
but then the sun begins to shine again. and I feel light.
I move fluidly and effortlessly. more gets done in a day.
I create, and dream, and enjoy.
the world feels good and I feel good.
this week spring sprang back to winter
and the change in me was instant. and scary.
I am plagued by thoughts of greener pastures.
and never ending winters.
my constitution can't handle the backlash.
more and more I am thinking I need to look for an escape.
half marathon be damned if necessary.
something within driving distance.
somewhere warm.
requiring only short skirts and flip flops
in petite sizes for my little ladies.
any suggestions?

9 comments:

Jenny and Josh said...

Lets road trip it to newport! Josh and I can't get there on our own with the cars we have. So I will come with you to help with the kids in exchange for a ride in a reliable vehicle. :)

The Hills... said...

How about PHOENIX!!!! Swimming, hiking, 80 degree weather. Oh, and we're here too...so you could see us! :)

Teisha said...

I think a quick trip to Florida is in order! 80 degrees and breezy! Not to mention Mickey is just a short drive away...so when are you coming?

Unknown said...

I totally feel it. All day yesterday I was day dreaming about going on a road trip to Lake Tahoe and then Yosemite.

Unknown said...

wait until september for newport please! I want to go to the beach again, and how I would love to be there with my sisters!!! For now just turn up the heat in your house, paint your toenails and put on your flip flops, because I would cry and cry if you weren't there on April 16, running or not...

Scha&Andi said...

HEY what's up? Glad you found me... i tried to find you but obviously had no luck. Your blog is darling. Cutest times and kids. I can relate all so well with you about winter and cold and be stuck in a rut of indoors! I love the sun and fun outside... i crave summer! and YEA it's almost here so we can play! hang in there. and hugs to you and the family... it's nice seeing you again! sorry we never made it to the zoo... we'll have to do it when it's warm again! ok? Ü

JDM said...

I am thinking about appy hour this next week. Maybe thursday..what do you think?
It's not the biggest getaway but at least it involves appy hour.

Anonymous said...

I've heard rumors about this cute little island off the coast of California, with the bluest waters in all the west coast, lovely, lonely beaches, sunshine, sand, hiking trails... And a cute little house in the hills with chickens, horses, and kids who would LOVE to see other humans their age!

Tyler said...

Come visit your brother, sister in-law and the cutest 2 year old toe headed nephew you have. Good weather year round. And I believe we are the closest town to Catilina so you can go see your friends too.