today begins a "clean slate".
the year anew.
and with it an expanse of all the good that can come if we utilize what has been given -
another chance to make it all happen.
the possibilities are swarming and my mind is whirring with resolutions.
but I had a thought, I don't just want resolutions I want change.
and to affect change I need a plan.
for most of my life I have listened to talk about setting goals.
I think I can honestly say I have never made a plan to achieve something.
this summer a friend taught our YW group about goals.
she laid out the plan. three steps to setting and accomplishing a goal.
1. write down your end goal - the result you plan to achieve. be sure it has a time limit.
(I will run a 1/2 marathon by the end of the summer.)
2. write down your plan of action - how will you accomplish this goal. and make yourself accountable to someone.
(I will run 4 times a week with a running partner.)
3. write your goal in the present tense. such as - I will run effortlessly and energetically!
(this was my favorite, and we would joke about it as we ran this past summer.)
write them all down and put it in a spot you will read it DAILY.
she also included suggestions of life sections your goals could affect.
spiritual, educational, physical, social, and emotional.
although I didn't utilize it at the time - I am anxious to do so now.
and its an open invitation for anyone to do the same.
plan with me to make 2009 a year of good intentions followed through.
Merry New Year to all, it looks to be pretty good from here!
Thursday, January 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
I'm in! I am totally setting goals this year. I'm writing down your 3 steps to accomplish them!!
Thanks for the advice! I'm committing myself to making some big changes this year now that we are finally feeling settled. Check out the pictures of our sledding trip on our blog! Fun times!
We already posted some goals on our refrigerater, but it's good to make a plan on how to accomplish them. Good suggestions. Happy New YEar!
So inspiring, Amanda!
THANKS!!!!!!!
My goal:
"I will not pass out, cry, or give up, while running my leg of the Wasatch back!"
Post a Comment