Monday, June 16, 2008

catching up

this last week has been somewhat of a downer folks. after all of the excitement of finally closing on our home loan, the bank still managed to find more hoops to jump through and days to wait until we actually funded. and even still none of that cold hard cash has actually graced our house. it has been weighing on me - to the point that I avoid going there because, well nothing is happening! so much for that flying start. but even if I am wallowing a little, that doesn't mean OTHER good things aren't happening round these parts. I have a little catching up to do - here is some of what you have missed.
for the last couple of years we have borrowed this tradition from my super mom of a sister. each of my girls paints and plants a pot of flowers to share as a thank you to their teachers for a good year. although I find it disconcerting to hand my children paints and brushes and encourage them to go to town, we do it any way. and they absolutely LOVE it.


especially if they can do it naked! lucky girl...


oh - the concentration. I love watching her focus. and she loves to get messy.

oh, how she loves it!


as for this paint job, that is just icing, folks. pure treat. this is almost all I needed to cure my case of the mopes. now, I am taking suggestions on how to remove craft paint from rented concrete.... anyone?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I do have a cleaner, but it is from Melaluca and I just can't tell you to go buy it because I cannot be part of that whole stupid multi level marketing thing, but I'll bring it with me when we come next month. It worked surprisingly well for us!