Thursday, June 5, 2008
second stories
I have been waiting this week for good sunshine so I could get some decent pictures - I failed to bring my camera the two days it was sunny and now rain is in the forecast for days. happily regardless of the weather the framers have been hopping!
in only a week we have a second floor, outer walls, a roof, interior walls and "windows". I had to take these during working hours so no serious interior shots, but don't worry you will love what you see. next week I'll show you the interior spaces and introduce some of the fun details.
the pop out serves as an over hang/roof for the steps and a landing and window seat for the second floor. I am predicting that space is going to be my second favorite new spot - my brand new closet only wins by practicality. walking the actual rooms is such a thrill, the spaces are laid out really well and feel just right as far as size and shapes.
no mistake, there is no roof over that room. it's a porch - the sleeping/sun porch off the girls bedrooms. as of today the entire house is sheathed in nice clean plywood and all the new window openings are cut. pretty much all the interior walls are in place and as of last night we have closed on our loan! windows are now ordered and it's time to start actually purchasing some final touches. I am so excited at this point the butterflies are about to burst! check back early next week for the next update, an interior tour, views from the second floor, and if all goes well a brand new "floating" stair case. my architect sure has some grand ideas.... better pictures then, but at least you can see progress!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


12 comments:
Very cool stuff. And I love the new header image. ;)
Holy Cow! Is that the same place - I am so impressed with how quickly those walls are going up. It is so fun to see this "new place" take shape!
Wow! I'm just so relieved for you the loan came through. Isn't that lame of me, to be more happy you can pay for it than just to be happy about how cool it looks-and it does look SO COOL. and John is right, your blog looks awesome this way. Great choice!And a great brother in law to help you make your choice a reality, too :)
Wow-that's amazing! What a transformation and in so little time. I'm excited to see the next photos.
Big changes! Tell John it's looking great, and I love the play by play. Oh the anticipation!
So glad your financing is done! Congrats!
So fun to watch this happening!
May all your subs be as on time and diligent! and yes, thank goodness the money side is DONE!
LOVE the new header...it makes me feel like I am about to embark on an adventure!
I also am loving reading about you darling house and seeing the pictures. It is going to be an amazing transformation. I am so happy for you guys.
I am back blogging at
www.heidisaid.com -- our family one is now private due to a creepy phone call we received.
I am so excited for you. I can't believe how fast they've worked. Can't wait to see it for myself in a few weeks. Do you have a projected completion date?
Your house is huge!!
This is so exciting! Next time we are in town I would like a tour. Even if it's not all the way done, I still haven't had an entire tour of your mom's place. I think I will just have to organize a Hadfield Parade of homes next time we are in UT.
Oh my goodness! Is that really the same house? We are flying out tomorrow. We'll have to drive by the house and see the progress. We would love to see you all if you have time this weekend! Keep up the pictures- fun seeing the transformation!
disclaimer to the huge comment: the house is only 6 feet taller than it was originally - pretty tricky, eh?
Post a Comment