reason #2 for my long absence was well worth it. I lugged my three darling girls down to Dallas for a glorious extended weekend with my sister and her family.
it was SO refreshing to wake up to this every morning. blue skies, birds singing, green trees, plenty of sunshine to bask in and room for the kiddos to run, and lots of cousins for every one to mug on. the sky seemed so big and blue. it was a welcome change.
a long awaited trip; the girls barely slept for days before their first official plane ride. and the anticipation to be in the presence of longed for cousins. it was thrilling, as always, to spend time in my sisters home. she has such a knack for making out of towners feel reveared. and her new home is a lovely place, housing very lovely people who are very dear to us. for me alone, it was so nice to be near her for a few days. I always return from visiting their home with a renewed sense of being able to do more in a day, teach my children more and love them better. thank you Katie and John for your examples.
congratulations Miss Madison.
an evening in the American Girl Boutique and dinner in the AG Bistro.
new hairdo's for American Girlfriends. window shopping for doll accessories and picking out something new and special as a birthday surprise for each.
Thank you Grandma Noodle for your part in a grand experience!
and four blissful days of pandemonium with this crew.
this was an A list distraction from blogging, my friends.


8 comments:
I could just feel how fun and relaxing your trip was by reading about it. What a nice reason not to blog.
I am glad you are back--I always love to read what you have to say.
What a pleasure to have you and the girls stay with us. Such a short stay though. Can't wait to see you guys again.
Ugh! I am GREEN with envy!
What a fun trip! I am such a fan of American Girl Dolls. Obviously not because my boys have them (although Ike does have the boy bitty baby) but because I learned so much history as a kid from Molly, Samantha, Kirsten, Addie and Felicity (yes, I was crazy for them). Oh, what I would have given to go to the store as a kid. They add such a special element to normal doll play. Its sad to me that the company is putting such emphasis on the look-like-you dolls they sell too.
Great times. love the dresses you made and the girls look darling miss you all so much! XOxoxo
Good luck on your run I know exqctly how you feel I have not gone over four miles and am supper slow so lets work on it together from far away :)
It looks like a great trip! Congrats on flying vs. driving...wise choise. What a great boost!
American Girl dolls. You know, we have a store here in LA too. Next time, next time - it might be even better than DIsneyland.
How fun! Sounds like girly heaven. Good luck on your move-just take it one room at a time and label the boxes really well.
Post a Comment