Saturday, March 8, 2008

thank you

so as mentioned, I have been absent as of late. and as also mentioned in an earlier post, I can only handle so much, or in other words not much, and so my blog has been silent for weeks. it feels strange to get back on the keyboard again. but I am so relieved to be back. I am drawn to the blogging world in a way that is almost frightening, (in an I can't go a solid 24 hours with out checking my Google reader or I get the jitters kind of way.) I love my blog, it holds a key to some seriously repressed self expressions. I have come to realize how important it is to have a place just for myself, but being an extrovert I always want to share what's going on with me, or better yet, my chitlins. I enjoy having a place to stir these creative juices and receive a little pat on the back, even if only by my own hand. I have always enjoyed writing, but never written, now I can write and chronicle my family within the same key strokes. photography is an art I have longed to learn and I have had the chance to play more with the camera and explore new ways of looking at the world. I have also had a keen desire to sew, create fun items for my girls and friends - and being inspired by so many of you I have finally begun stitching on a regular basis. being a better mother, wife, sibling. being more informed and politically minded. being connected to family and friends, providing a platform to at least offer support. broadening my world and enriching my testimony of why we are placed on this earth, all ways I have been inspired on the pages of your blogs.
I have now been long addicted to the blogs of many others who would never think to stop in here, but who have begun to influence my attitudes and style in a very significant way. desires that have long been hidden with in me are becoming realities. passions I had forgotten are now driving me to new ends. I have never considered myself an exciting person, and have longed to be what many of you already are. reading the blogs of so many strangers, I am realizing that we all share a kinship in some way. we each struggle as parents, desire to make sanctuaries for our families, love to create, enjoy sharing what makes us each happy and appreciate a good vent when we need to share.
I am feeling grateful to be a part of this world and that I can put myself out there in a way many of you may have never known me by. I am most grateful that now, eventually my children will now a little better the "real" me as I truly evolve and not just conform. so thank you for all taking part in the inspiration. so many of the things I want to become, I am realizing, already existed within me. I would never have noticed if I didn't read your words and feel them resonate within me on so many occasions. I do know I am amazing in many significant ways, ways that I had forgotten until lately. being connected in this crazy distant way has helped me re awake in a way. I hadn't realized I needed all of you, but I am so glad I found you.
so I Thank You all - those who read my blog and those who don't - for unlocking something new in me and helping me notice I am more than just the sum of the obvious parts.

9 comments:

Lisa Cannon said...

Thank you! I too am loving blogging. It is such a great way to keep a history and share our feelings - although I don't do that as much as I should.

Mark and I kissed when we were 15, too. I don't think I knew that about you two love birds, but maybe I did. I really enjoy you guys and your girls are so beautiful! You should have called me to go to the farm. We didn't go until later in the day. So funny!

heidi said...

you are an amazing person and I knew that in the one day we met. Thank you for being an inspiration to me.

I always love to read your posts, it's a highlight to my day when I check my google reader a thousand times a day too and see your name!

Laura Dunaway said...

Amanda-you are an amazing girl and I look up to you in so many ways! Thank you for keeping in touch with me and for your support. You are a great writer!

Anonymous said...

It's so nice to hear from you again - I was really missing reading your posts. I do enjoy them!

DeDee said...

You are so cute...I love reading your blog. You are an amazing, artistic writer. It's funny...I haven't been blogging for very long, but I missed a week and I feel totally behind on reality. It's a great place to unload!

Katie said...

Beautiful!! Love You XOXO

Claudia Shirley said...

Amanda,
I'm finally getting around to reading some of the family blogs. My connection is really slow so that's my excuse! I want you to know I think you are wonderful and such a great mother. I'm so glad you are in our family even though we don't get to see you that often. Your little girls are adorable and precious. I love seeing pictures of them. We had so much fun with you guys the short time we were able to be with you in Pasadena last Nov. The wild UNO game in the motel lobby was especially fun! We'll be seeing you next month when we come for Callie and Brian's graduation. Love ya, Claudia

Liz said...

Amanda, I think you're awesome! It is great to see how positive the blogging world can be. I've been thinking about the negative aspects of it lately . But it really is a great way to share, connect, be inspired and have some fun!

Gayle said...

I think how important this communication and sharing has always been to women. Letters meant so much to my Grandmother's generation. they took great care to write and stay in touch through the mail. And then, for my Mom the telephone in addition to the letters, but the phone took first place. Hours spent in the evenings when the kids were in bed and the long distance rates were lower. E-mail and now blogging! Women just really need to connect with each other. Blogging is a true art form and yet an informal way to reach out and be reached.