our freshman year in high school we met Tiffany. our sophomore year she changed schools, but we were able to keep friendship fires a light. and so through many years of finding ourselves and exploring the world we have been pretty constant, even if that meant popping in and out as we got older and our lives got larger.
at the end of January Tiffany called and me and said she had bought a ticket to visit Melyssa, who now lives in Seattle. we have been talking about a trip up there for ages and she was hoping we could go together. after a resounding YES from my sweet husband, I almost fainted with anticipation! this is the amazing mossy tree in Melyssa's front yard. She and her little family live in a darling place in an amazing town. there was no better place to get away and enjoy some time with these amazing friends.
This weekend was all about reconnecting and PLAYING, like any self respecting mom with kids would do on a vacation with out them. we did all the sights. the ferry to Bainbridge.
we braved the intense cold at Pikes place market. Tiff, Missy and Lauren smile for the camera. Lauren is Missy's daughter. what a jewel, so sweet, she made being away from my own three more bearable. doting on her was a joy.
and we made plenty of time for relaxing. we relaxed while we got pedi's. we talked over great food, we hung out and watched lots of reality TV (how I am missing Ninja Warrior) and confessed long lost secrets and laughed at crazy high school stunts.
and when the world shut down because there was a skiff of snow on the ground, we went shopping anyway and caught a flick. I can't even explain how renewed I felt after a few days with these two amazing women. what an amazing gift to be in their company.
I came home determined to remember that feeling; that I can be amazing too. and I think in another day or two, I might be able to wrangle it back. thank you for a fabulous week Melyssa and Tiffany. can't wait to make it happen again SOON!


8 comments:
what a fun weekend to enjoy friends and what a great town to do it in! I'm so happy your high school friends have remained close. That doesn't happen for many of us!
you are so lucky to have such great friends. but then again meeting you just once I felt that you were that type of person--a great friend.
You need your friends. I don't know what I would do without mine. I'm so glad that you were able to get away and reconnect with those special people. Yeah Johnny!
I just spent the weekend in Denver with five of my old room mates from Cottey College. It was so wonderful to be together again, to talk and talk. It was like the 20 years had never passed.
Heidi, your post made me a bit vaklempt if you will. That is exactly who my sister is, and it is so great to hear someone say it. I love her with all my heart and it makes me so happy to hear her acknowledge her awesomeness.
Thats soo coool - my next trip is to my mom's in LA to take the Bar -that will be relaxing! - im soooo jealous.
julio
HOW FUN!! How lucky you three are to have eachother! Missy's daughter is so incredibly beautiful!!
So happy you were able to get away and be with these two great gals!
Post a Comment