things have been crazy busy around here lately, for me at least. I often wonder why I can only handle a certain amount of "stuff" and if I add one thing I have to let something else go. this time I let everything go just to learn a new talent and accomplish an assignment for our PTA. but now the biggest thing is done and all I can say is wahoo, I have a minute to blog. I walk through my days now thinking of how I will blog about certain events or share my thoughts about other topics. most of thoses things never make it to my computer screen, but never the less the wheels keep on turning.
at the end of January I broke out the Valentine decor, needing so badly something to celebrate and anticipate amid the gloom of a very frozen winter. so Valentines Day it is. in the spirit of decorating I encouraged Grace and Ella to create hearts to post on a big blank wall in our dining area.
they went nuts and were so excited, they cut and colored, then cut some more. but these were not the decorative hearts I thought they would make. these are valentines for cousins, aunts, uncles, gramas, grampas and any one in between. we are inendated with love for our rather large family. I kept putting them up on the wall, so as not to keep stepping on or over them, only to hear concerns that the hearts would be ruined and unruly for giving. now weeks later and knee deep in valetines we have yet to reach valentines day. and my hope to actually deliver these valentines to those who they were made for is dwindling quickly. so this was the next best thing. a picture of some, not all, of the genuine valentines made for you by Grace and Ella. (notice the numbers on some of those hearts, that is part of the numbering system they devised to keep track of all the recipients.)
HAPPY DAY OF LOVE TO ALL.
Thank you for touching our family's lives in such a significant way.


8 comments:
I am one to talk because I quit winters all together and moved to California, but what I would look forward to during winters with lots of snow was how green the mountains would get and how much longer they would stay green through the summer!
That's so cute. We love you guys - happy LOVE day to you too.
It's nice to hear that the pure meaning of Valentine's day has not been lost. Great job girls! Amanda, no worries about getting in touch. I'll be in Utah over the weekend for an interview. I hope to see you guys.
Dan
I love the colour of your wall! Can you post more pictures of your house? It has been ages since I have seen what you've been doing to it.
Love the decorations on the wall and that the girls had such a fun time making them. You and your girls are so darling. Happy V-Day to you (late)!
So cute...I finally joined to blogging world. I hope it's okay to list you on mine.
The cupcake shop is on Highland Drive right across from Nielsen's Frozen Custard. YUM!
Please, please...email us the heat tips list!
callieannhill@gmail.com
Post a Comment