Sunday, February 3, 2008

the right place and the right time

thought I would check in and let you all know I am alive and kicking, just not free to do the blogging I'd like. a few more days of catch up and a couple more deadlines and I'll be present.
many of you have asked about my trip to Seattle and I am happy to say it was the perfect remedy to some serious winter blues. I got to spend five days giggling and visiting with some sweet friends that until now have been a little distant to me. (my fault not theirs.) shopping, pedicures, museums, japanese reality tv, great food, movies, and a trip to 7 11 that will remain infamous for years to come. many great memories, and a great reminder that I like myself a little more than I remembered. so grateful for friends that remind us that we are more than what makes up our daily life, and that we do love that daily life as well. I was so excited to come home to my little family and hug and adore my sweet ladies. not to mention hug and adore a very devoted husband. I am anxious to share some of my adventures with you and will get to it as soon as life allows.
I am also anxious to get at my sewing machine and make some thank you gifts, belated gifts, some just because gifts, and some other girly goodies I am excited about. I hope I can strike while the iron is somewhat HOT! I would be honored to make a few of those bags as so sweetly requested. I have been working out ways to improve them in my head, since for obvious reasons I didn't display my lack of expertise with my sewing machine. I am hoping to figure out some pockets and better handles, too. can't wait to try it out side of make believe. I'll be happy to practice on ya'll for a while. as for my immediate future I will jump into some PTA obligations and prepare for some long awaited family to visit! wahoo it's February!
Until then everyone - Happy February, hug someone you love today and enjoy the coziness of winter. it just can't last forever, right?

6 comments:

heidi said...

I can't wait to see some of the great sewing projects that are going to come out of your sewing machine.

How nice to get away. I am planning on Womens Conference for a much needed break.

Happy February!

Michele said...

I saw some great linen bags made by Pink Lemonade and sold on Etsy. They may inspire you. http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5121442

Katie said...

Good to hear from you and I am glad you had a great trip! We Love and miss you all

Lisa Cannon said...

I am so glad that you were able to have a little time away. It does a body good!!!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear more about your trip. My old room mates from college - Cottey College in MO. are getting together in Denver in a few weeks. I'm trying to make it. I think it would be really fun as we have not seen each other since I was pregnant with Eloise.

Laura Dunaway said...

You've been tagged. Go to my blog for details. :)