Thursday, January 10, 2008

testing testing

so it is time to reveal what I was gifted this past Christmas.
(and you all thought the holiday posts were finito!)

my sweet hubs realized how addicted I have become to our computer.
specifically the world wide web and even more specifically all of the
many inspirational and captivating blogs I visit rather too often.

So he took it upon himself to give me unlimited access and use by
gifting me the mother of all lap tops.
(no joke this thing is enormous - I love it!)
then he proceeded to hook me up to a wireless link so I could connect
anytime and almost any where, at least here at home.
what a man, I tell you.
after working out a kink here and there,
(and realizing that technologies are always one step forward
with one hundred steps to keep it functioning)

I am finally making the maiden voyage, from here in my cluttered kitchen.
really, no plugs, no wires, no cords of any type tying me down.
did you see that kartwheel I just did with my lap top in one hand?
no? oh, well anyhow;
Welcome to my new world.
I hope this means you'll be seeing A LOT more of me.
oh, is that a bad thing?

11 comments:

Lisa Cannon said...

What a nice husband you have!!! You are going to be even more addicted than you already are. We have wireless and two laptops, you should see us after the kids go to bed, it is crazy! We are addicted, too!

Laura Dunaway said...

You are too funny!

Stephens Family said...

Hi there!
My sister-in-law who is an avid blogger just told me about your blog - and I've spent the last 2 hours reading everything!! Our household also consists of 4 girls and a guy - my girls are 5 1/2, 3 1/2 and 5 months. Don't you just love having girls?? I think some people feel sorry for my husband, but he says he could have a dozen girls and be perfectly happy. Anyway, I think this whole blog and internet thing is great - I just live in Centerville, UT but may never have "known" you if it weren't for your blog. Thanks for sharing!!

Stephens Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
heidi said...

welcome back girl. I will look forward to many many postings.

Katie said...

Lucky You!! Xoxox miss you guys.

John said...

Since Trust drives me to/from work, my world is very wireless as well - I read my blogs in the car on the way to work. :)

Katie said...

Congratulations Mandy, what a fun present! Sounds like you had a lovely Christmas, despite the rushing. I love and miss you-I'm highly overwhelmed with our life right now. Hope it all comes to a calm place soon.

Gayle said...

It did not register with me that the laptop is YOURS! Why did I think it was his? What a great guy and great gift! Happy to know that you will keep on posting. I,too, love reading your blog! Love Mom

Mindy said...

Wireless internet connections are awesome. Every day when Aubrey is down for her nap I put a movie in for Kay and I sit in our basement with her and blog. I am so glad to see that someone I'm related to has the same love/obsession of blogging as I do. Hope you get to enjoy your Christmas present every day!

Nicole Hernandez said...

Wait,you didn't say what kind of Laptop. An Apple or PC? how many GB? how big is the screen? post a picture! I want to be jealous!
julio