
so last week Grace celebrated her half birthday at school. since she is a summer birthday we have tried to make sure she has the opportunity to rejoice in the day of her birth with the rest of her class. we went about making a fabulous photo collage of fun moments in her life and the people she loves, in the end there were too many to glue on the poster board. and then as requested I carried 3 dozen glazed and chocolate glazed doughnuts into her class to share.
while we talked about her favorites and the kids asked questions I was almost overcome watching Grace as I realized how grown up she suddenly is. come next birthday she will be a whopping 8 years of age and eligible to be baptized a full fledged member of the LDS Church and she is so excited.
Grace has become my third arm and is constantly guarding over her baby sister, grabbing the last of the items we need to get out the door, supporting her mom in many small meaningless but significant ways. she is an amazing gal. I am so deeply blessed to have Grace on my team.
wow, eight years, where has the time gone, and have we enjoyed enough of it? I only hope.
some of my Grace favorites:
her willing heart
her sweet smile
her fun loving personality
her ability to persevere
her love for her family
her love for the Gospel of Jesus Christ
*when asked where her favorite place was she easily replied "BOISE" when I asked her why, she said it was because she had so much fun with all of her cousins there. she chose the place she remembers VISITING her cousins, because that is all she talks about lately, visiting with cousins. think of the fun Dallas will hold, then!


10 comments:
Happy birthday Grace!
Love,
Addison
Happy half birthday to Grace from great-Aunt Claudia. You are the cutest family and I love you all. Sorry I'm so bad at keeping in touch. Hugs.
Well happy birthday. The 8th birthday is a big one. AND it's halfway to 16 when grace gets to terrorise the city streets as a driver. But that's a long way off.
Amanda, your blog page has recently become more awesome. It must be that new lap top that Johnny got you.
Oh dang, Jake e S is the anonymous poster by the way.
CAKE IN THE BREAK ROOM!
Happy 1/2 birthday.
ahh those days, when you looked foward to a birthday, now at my age you hope everyone forgets! julio
Yea for Gracie! What a beautiful picture of such a fantastic girl. Mandy, you now have a big kid, not just little girls in your family-that is such a huge turn when you can ask for a hand and your own child will say "sure mom"! I can't wait for the cousins to get together Grace-can we show you the fun things about Dallas? I'd be happy for us all to hang out in Boise again, I loved having all the cousins together there too.
Hey! Happy half birthday, Gracie! I am sorry I missed it. So wonderful your family has you, Your family and our big family! We love you so! Grandma Noodle
We loved seeing Gracie in Boise too. Can't wait to see you soon.
Grace is the BEST!
We love Grace! MaCall and Eloise really want her to come stay with us. Happy half Birthday Grace!
Post a Comment