Monday, January 14, 2008

crunching todays numbers

3.5 the number of times I was awoken from a sound sleep while it was still dark out
10 the number of times I removed Ruby from hanging off the oven door handle
3 the number of pasty stinky diapers I changed today
4 the number of times I told Ella to turn off the TV
10, again, the number of minutes Grace was late for school today
1,032 the number of times I growled at our visiting puppy dog and resident big dog
346 the number of minutes I actually slept last night
30.75 the number of minutes tardy I awoke this morning
13 the number of times Ruby tripped, fell, or slipped on something
32 the number of minutes John was "late" for dinner
75 the number of dollars I spent at Ikea on organizing goodies
150 or so minutes I spent reading other more intriguing posts on more interesting blogs
6 number of calzones we made for dinner
numbers 1-12 the numbers used to play a killer game of Skip Bo with our girls
1 the first time I have won a game.

1 good night sleep to counteract a crazy day!
life is good. it's even better with some zzzz's

9 comments:

Gayle said...

Wow, you even got your blog posted before 9 p.m.! I hope you went right to bed ! Very clever post! Glad you can laugh a bit even after a "crazy" day!

John said...

Great post.

Katie said...

I'm just so sorry one of the numbers of "negative" energy had to be spent on my dog. So hope he isn't causing you to loose some of that precious sleep!

Katie said...

Love it!!

Michele said...

Amanda, I am so with you on the sleep thing. Where is the hymn that asks, where can I turn for sleep? My sleep gets messed up and everything else runs off as well. Sigh.

Jessica said...

You went to Ikea without me!! :)

Lisa Cannon said...

Sounds like my house, without Ikea and the Calazones. I too am so much better with some sleep!!

Nicole Hernandez said...

5 the size of the Hernandez family in 2008.

heidi said...

you are so clever. you are also very busy. hope your well.