Thursday, December 6, 2007

Christmas is comin' and mom's a gettin' fat.....


I like to think I am a musical person, maybe not talented but musical. one of my absolute favorite things about Christmas is the music. I save it. it's the first treat of Christmas for me. but, I can't listen to it until the actual Christmas season has begun, so you won't catch me singing along in the grocery stores before Thanksgiving. and it's put away on Decmeber 26th. silly I know, but to me it's like having a birthday cake for your 1/4 birthday every year, it's just not right somehow.

every year I buy one new album for my growing Christmas collection. this year I am determine to buy a winner, some are duds you know. and I have too many duds in my collection already. so, I would like a little help and that's where you come in. yeah you! tell me then, what's your favorite Christmas cd and why? there are no wrong answers, friends, so please be open and honest, and above all please share!

9 comments:

Laura Dunaway said...

I am loving Josh Groban's new Christmas album, Noel. I love it because he has the most amazing voice. It really get's me in the Christmas spirit.

John said...

I'd never say this in public, so don't tell anyone. Ty would tease me relentlessly and others might not even talk to me. I think my favorite is Donny Osmond's. Please keep this secret safe. :)

Lisa Cannon said...

I love the Barenaked Ladies' Christmas album. The kids think it is great, and so do we!

Jenny and Josh said...

You probably haven't heard of Cherie Call. She is an LDS artist. Her non Christmas albums are cheesy like all the other LDS artists but I really enjoy her Christmas Album called "one Star". It has some traditional songs as well as a couple of originals that to me REALLY get to the core meaning of what Christmas is about. Plus she has got a very pretty and unique voice.

Katie said...

I am missing our swedish Lucia music, it is happy background music to the christmas season for me. I also really like a composer named John Rutter, he does work for the Cambridge choir in England. It isn't groovy, but is a great sound and again is happy background music...I'd love a list of the cd's you have! Do you like Chris Isaac's?

Potters said...

Three Kings, by the Roaches. It has great harmony, a new twist on classic songs.

Gayle said...

One that goes back to my childhood, and you will never be able to find it...Christmas with Percy Faith and his orchestra. It was not until manhiem steamroller that a Christmas album blew me away. Good luck, though, there ar a lot of "wanna be" good Christmas
Cds out there. Hope you find one that captures it for you.

Jessica said...

ooo, ooo - me me! I have two great new albums, one is a fun mix of classic holiday music made all hip and now. I also have a few albums by Sufjan Stevens - he is more indi rock and has a folky sound - love that banjo!

Anonymous said...

Hi Amanda,
by far the best album of the season is James Taylor's Christmas Album. Both you and Johnny will love it.
April