Wednesday, November 21, 2007

New Friends and Fun Family

on our way "in to" California we stopped into see John's Aunt Serena and Uncle Franz in Crestline. so we beelined straight through Victorville and took an abrupt turn onto an unseen road heading, well somewhere new. suddenly the road began to twist and turn straight up and when all was said and done we ended up in one of the most picturesque mountain towns I have ever been in, and I have been to one or two. driving through town was nothing less than enjoyable, this place is definitely worth another visit as we were only staying for dinner and then heading south. their home was darling, absolutely perfect for their style and attitudes. their daughters are beautiful and immediately took our little ones under their wing. we even got to visit with Grandma Sharon and our new Grandpa Steve as we all passed through. we had such a nice time and loved every moment, thank you for your hospitality Potters!

we enjoyed seeing them and their beautiful home so much, and guess what I have to show for it. yup, one picture and it's of my feet and their living room rug. I am either PATHETIC or was in the car too long and low on brain cells, you choose.

AND I was honored by Franzs' sister HEIDI! she drove all the way up from her own comfy home to not only see Serena and Franz but to meet ME! oh, I liked her a lot BEFORE we met, and then we did meet, and she gave me this! awe and wonder. how do you do it all with four kids Heidi?! this darling little quilt is just perfect for me to cuddle under whilst I watch too much TV, (a regular ritual at my house) and I love it! Thank you for your willingness to drive so far with all your darling kids and sacrifice a good nights sleep - I was so happy to see you in person, although as I mentioned I was low on brain cells by then and a little subdued, I was and still am truly honored. THANK YOU!



2 comments:

Katie said...

How fun to have a new friend and a new quilt! Glad you had such a great time. Love you and I"m happy you are home...

Jessica said...

That is a great quilt! What a sweet gift.