Wednesday, August 1, 2007

ELEVEN!






Today marks the eleventh year of our marriage! So much has happened in these last years since we were joined forever. Three daughters, two degrees, Two remodels and a dog later, we are still together and still HAPPY. Recently I read an article on MSN.COM about the secrets to a good marriage. As I looked over the list; many of the items, I was surprised, were not big secrets. I don't think I have figured this marriage thing out completely, but it is reassuring to know that what some of those older couples shared, we already knew - even if if we haven't perfected it yet. What a great gift, to know we are getting some of it right.
Today we have big plans - so big our 4 yr old, Ella said she dreamt all night about our anniversary. John and I are riding roller coasters today! One of my favorite things to do. as I thought about it - marriage is one big roller coaster, there are good days and bad, loop-di-loops, and lurches and lots of fantastic butterflies and thrills. Is there a better way to learn to enjoy all these ups and downs in life? I love that John and I have so much fun together, such a great reminder of why I fell for him - thrills and adventure. I also love all the reasons I am still in love with him. I know I am so lucky to have a husband who keeps his covenants and strives to be a great father as well as a sexy husband to boot! So grateful for a supportive and loving partner in this life, and the promise that we can keep it going forever sure sounds like fun to me!

Happy Aniversary to US!

5 comments:

heidi said...

Happy Anniversary, sounds like you are going to have a great day!

Michele said...

Happy Anniversary!
We've started referring to our anniversary as our family birthday. We have a celebration with the kids and then Douglas and I get our own celebration.

I hope your rollercoasters are faaaabuulous!

Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations - you two are so cute - your love for each other is a beautiful example for us all. Happy anniversary.

Katie said...

Ya that is great have so much fun on the rollercoasters! Happy anniversary!! love you..& we sure miss you all so much.

Katie said...

so glad to see you so in love. Way nice you spent the day together, doing something you love doing together. No better way to celebrate!