Tuesday, July 31, 2007

The Village


This is Ella and Grandma April. Does anyone see any resemblance here? How can you miss it is the better question. John and I hear all the time how much Ella looks like him, well to be honest I couldn't always see it. I think that is because she looks so much more like someone else. Our daughters are extremely lucky. They have Grandmothers, Aunts, cousins, Great Grandmothers, Great Aunts, all worthy of emulation.
They say it takes a village to raise a child and I am so glad to have a family village full of amazing women. I know that my Father in Heaven was very mindful of my daughters when he put us all together. I won't bore anyone with all my short comings; He knew I could help make up for some of them by utilizing my sisters and sisters in law, not to mention our fabulous mothers. This gives me a lot of peace of mind. I love how my daughters beg to go visit their Grandma's and how their faces glow after an aunt has offered a hug and compliment. To have so many beautiful vibrant women in their lives not only blesses their lives, but mine as well. I am still learning and grateful for each lesson witnessed at the hands of a Grandma or a sister. So I am paying homage to our Village of Women - may you all realize how you bless our lives continually. Thank You!

6 comments:

Potters said...

Women are so important to each other. We have so much to give and learn from each other. That is one thing I enjoy about the blogging. Yes, I do see a resemblance!

John said...

Mandy,
thanks for the kind words. All I can say is that it means more than words to have your girls say they love me.
What a privilege
KT

Michele said...

Mandy,

We sure love you and your girls! On the flip side of your comments, your family helps to make up for my short-comings! I'm so glad Heavenly Father put us all together with His divine wisdom!

Love you - Michele

Jessica said...

Oh the tears, how sweet this is. I am grateful to have all these sweet neices in my life - they build me up so much and encourage me to be a better example to them. I feel so happy that I have been given the oportunity to be surrounded by such sweet children so far before I have my own. It has taught me a lot.

heidi said...

It sounds like you have a great network around you to be great examples to you and your girls. You are very lucky.

The Hills... said...

I agree, Ella looks a lot like April, especially pictures of April when she was little. I have a good picture of the two of them from the reunion that I need to send you. It is so neat to be close to family, isn't it? You guys definately have a strong network of people who love your girls! (Including me!)