Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Sunflowers




My neighbor planted these amazing sunflowers right next to our drive way. If you park in said drive way you can't leave the car for being shut in by six foot tall stalks of spiky lanky gorgeous flowers. John and I spent a few minutes the other evening "thinning" these flowers so we could negotiate our vehicles. (yes, we did have permission and did not steel out in the dead of night.)



Any how this is the result - an enormous and beautiful display of sunshine on my kitchen table - I couldn't let the blooms go to waste! Some of you are acquainted with the visual blogging site 3191, if not check it out very cool idea http://3191.visualblogging.com/index.html. I was inspired by the bounty, and this web page, to try out my new little camera to see if it had merit for this kind of inspirational photoing. Admittedly I am probably the biggest obstacle between making great photography happen, but I am not too displeased with some of the results. Thought I would share some visual blogging of my own. Hope they bring a ray of happy to your day!

5 comments:

heidi said...

I love the pictures. So calming. I needed to see these today. Now that the day is almost done, I can relax and think about calmness and sleep! Thanks for some great sleeping fuel.

heidi said...

By the way, I love 3191. It is one of my regular visits. I really want to be able to do something like it. Maybe we should consider??

The Hills... said...

Wow! They are amazing! I'm so jealous.

Michele said...

Beautiful flowers, great pictures, great website!

Potters said...

I love sunflowers! In fact, I will have a new sunflower painting up soon...

We have some big orangy red ones. I'll try taking some pic today to share.
Serena