Saturday, July 21, 2007

My 100 List

This is a list of 100 or so things about me that maybe you don't already know. I had seen a couple of these lists posted on other blogger sites, and loved reading them - even coming back and reading again here and there. At first I wondered if I could actually come up with 100 interesting tid bits about myself. So I started my own list, intersting or not remains to be determined. I won't admit how long it has taken to compile these, but I can say that this is an honest view of how I see myself in many different shades of light. ( or all the same shade, we'll see.)

1. I am unashamedly and devotedly infatuated with my husband.
2. I have lived in Utah almost my entire life, but often have said I was from Arizona ( I was born there).
3. I am an extrovert.
4. I love Vanilla. It tastes pure.
5. I am a roller coaster junkie - I just rarely get to ride them.
6. I like lots of techno music - Johnny got me hooked.
7. I love children's books.
8. I think family reunions are fun.
9. I hate sleeping without my husband. What can I say? I like to spoon.
10. I wish I were a natural home maker/house keeper.
11. I have a not so secret crush on a vampire. If you've read the book Twilight you probably do too.
12. I can admit when I am wrong. Believe it or not.
13. My favorite color is white.
14. If I could visit any place, I would chose anywhere Scandinavian, but probably Sweden.
15. I can devour a 500 page book in two days. (actually not proud of that)
16. I love to eat whatever some one else is cooking.
17. My closest friends are my sisters.
18. I love to sit on the beach and loaf.
19. Okay - I just love to loaf.
20. I love to IM people on my Yahoo Messenger. And I don't have a desk job.
21. I love a clean orderly house.
22. I can not maintain a clean and orderly house.
23. I think my daughters are amazing creatures.
24. I am anxious to go back to school and get my Bachelors degree.
25. I am learning to sew. (because I have at least 10 projects that require sewing.)
26. I love s'mores - Something about chocolate and marshmallow and a little Graham Cracker.
27. I am a world class procrastinator.
28. I love to wear skirts in the summer, not just because I like to feel a little girly, but because they are so much cooler that shorts or capri's!
29. I love to read - I just get too lost in the pages.
30. I love fresh flowers; gerber daisy's, tulips, iris' and dahlia's are my favorite.
31. I do not like to be given roses.
32. I am always looking for something new and original to add to my life.
33. I had shorter hair until I was 30. I'll never relinquish my long tresses now.
34. I have secretly always wanted a tattoo.
35. I am smart enough not to get a tattoo.
36. I wish we had moved away from home (Utah) while we were young and rash.
37. I am so glad we live near our families now.
38. I married my very first date.
39. I would love to be a wedding planner.
40. I want to be a triathlete.
41. I could spend hours shopping at Etsy.com
42. I have never actually purchased anything from Etsy.com
43. I am a very loyal person.
44. I am so like my Mom, and I love it!
45. Easter is my favorite Holiday.
46. I don't think I posses any Talents, but I know they are here somewhere.
47. I wish I could play the piano.
48. I am a great cheerleader. I love to have people to cheer for.
49. I am consistently five minutes late.
50. I love to sing in the ward choir.
51. I love to sing. I am not a talented singer, but I can carry a tune.
52. My favorite animal is a Giraffe - they are so graceful, and TALL.
53. I love going on outings with my girls.
54. I used to hate chocolate, now I just don't prefer it.
55. I want to really learn how to cook, saute, flambe....?
56. I envy my sisters talents.
57. I include my sister in laws as my sisters, that means I have 9 sisters!
58. I love to lend a helping hand.
59. I usually really enjoy my church callings - even my short stint in the nursery. (come on, block towers and snacks, who can really complain?)
60. I love pedicures.
61. I don't wear a lot of make up.
62. I wish I could have a real tan year round.
63. I don't get sick often.
64. I wish I had made better choices in High school.
65. I have been skinny dipping, but hasn't everyone?
66. I think I am a good listener.
67. I am a horrible multitasker.
69. I idolize other women, and then I'm too intimidated to get to know them.
70. Blogging is one of my greatest pleasures. (addict/obsessed)
71. I enjoy nature, but rarely surround myself with it.
72. I am starting to go gray. (AHHHHHHH!)
73. I have a short temper.
74. I handle pressure pretty well.
75. I get more done at night.
76. I miss the days I was training for a MiniTri with my sisters. 6 am runs rock.
77. I can't drag my butt out of bed to run since Ruby was born.
78. Evening is my favorite time of day, sunsets and starlight.
79. I am not self confident, but I know how to fake it.
80. I think I have nice legs.
81. I didn't want a diamond in my wedding ring.
82. I am so glad John gave me a diamond when we got married.
83. I love jewelry, but don't wear very much of it.
84. I am happy to have a temple marriage.
85. I love to see my daughters testimonies growing, and teaching me.
86. I love that we spend so much time as a family.
87. I want to run a half marathon in the spring.
88. My secret desires are still all secret. Mostly.
89. I used to have an extensive knowledge of celebrity life.
90. I have fallen out of interest with most celebrity issues.
91. I consider myself an environmentalist; I just don't practice it very well.
92. I have dreams of being able to keep up with John on a bike.
93. I dread get "back" into shape.
94. I am no longer the skinny one in our relationship. Hubba Hubba - I don't mind!
95. I hate to wear high heels
96. I have a fetish for bags and shoes.
97. I would rather shop at Target then most department stores.
98. My favorite take out is a Gyro (yeero) from Greek Slouvaki.
99. For my birthday all I want is a vacation with my Family. And maybe a few gifts on the side.
100. I used to be addicted to T.V. and still have zombie syndrome sometimes.

10 comments:

heidi said...

What lovely and inspirational traits you have. I know we would be good friends if we lived by eachother. Maybe we still can be even though we don't. Cheese!

amanda jane said...

Thanks, Heidi. I hope we will be good friends too.

Jenny and Josh said...

Wow Mandee. Impressive. It would take me a while to come up with that much good stuff about myself. (like most women that bad stuff comes to mind much easier!) And I didn't know you shared in my love of roller coasters. They are my favorite!

Tyler said...

Techno Music :( ?
At least now I won't be suprised when my sweet little nieces turn into ravers.

Ps I think our whole family loves roller coasters. Come down for a visit I have some passes to Magic Mt tons of coasters there !

Potters said...

I love your list. I had no idea that you liked techno, jewelry, had been skinny dipping (yep I have) and yes you are talented! How else could you have such wonderful girls? You have a talent for always looking so classy. I always think, man I wish I could look like Amanda. you add a sweet loving demension to our family. You are fun and a little crazy. That all takes talent. I've always been on the stodgy side - worried about making a fool of myself. You look great making a fool of yourself. LOL

Love you,
Serena

douglas hunter said...

I have to say Amanda, I'm impressed, some people have the gift of gab, you've got the gift of blog. I enjoy reading your blog and getting to know you better. This is quite a list. I can see a grey haired Amanda rocking out with the girls to techno music while not eating chocolate . . .

amanda jane said...

In my defense - techno music is not all hard core. It's fantastic to clean the house to, gets you moving!

Anonymous said...

Techno? really, I love Techno, Nikki, not so much, so i listen to it in while im in the mini-van as loud as i can with the windows down.

try these bands: the chemical brothers, underworld, the nortec collective, kinky, paul oakenfold, koop, the verve remixed series.

your cousin-in-law
julio hernandez

Michele said...

I'm a fan of kinky too. What do you listen to or recommend Amanda?

amanda jane said...

I have to admit I don't have any great techno to recommend, just a favorite station.
Johnny doscoverd Pandora.com - fabulous radio web site! gotta check it out if you love music and discovering new music!