Wednesday, July 11, 2007

New Camera






So as I euphorically stated a few posts ago - we finally got a new camera! Just in time to help document the fantastic Shirley Family Reunion we participated in last week. Wow, what a whirl wind of fun and family. It was the best fun I have had all summer. And we have had some fun times, so that is really saying a lot. We are sad that over half the Family lives so far away, but here's to the next reunion! We are already teaming with anticipation.

So, we got this cute little pocket camera by Casio the Exlim (John wanted to get it in pink, but I opted for red. just can't see him taking picutres with a pink camera). So far not too shabby. Not my sweet little Canon, but I am adjusting and learning and gotta say just in heaven to be able to take pictures! I am still hoping that someday I can get a REAL camera, but I have to learn how to take REAL picures first - classes are on my to do list.

So here are just a few shots of the Family - had a hard time choosing so lets hope this doesn't get out of hand! Enjoy and can't wait to see you all again soon!

5 comments:

douglas hunter said...

so what is a REAL camera and REAL pictures to you?

Potters said...

Great pics! We had a great time there, but missed your backyard. Perhaps next time.

amanda jane said...

A real camera would be somthing more than just point and shoot technologies. Someone recomended the Canon Rebel or a Canon 30D. The ability to take amazing pictures not just the fun kind!
Someday....

The Hills... said...

I love the pictures!! We had such a great time last week too. I know Tami and Dan loved staying with you. I heard Grace cried when they left! I say we make this a bi-annual event!

douglas hunter said...

Amanda, you can always feel free to borrow one of our cameras when we are in your neck of the woods! Its true you probably won't learn a thing about exposure on a point and shoot but framing is framing no matter what one is shooting. Anyway, I enjoyed your pics!