Wednesday, September 15, 2010

what do I have to show for it?


summer was here and is almost gone. ok, who am I kidding, it was gone with the beginning of school. but the question still remains what do I have to show for it? not as much as I would like. when I hit the pause button on my blog, I suppose I paused on many of my regular duties as well. like being the family photographer. so here is a running list, and a few photos to share.


two trips to Moab, in search of warmer days and sunnier weather began our season. a month of swimming and fun times with some California cousins. 2 trips to Lagoon for some serious roller coaster riding - our girls have the genetic tendency to like things fast a furious I guess.


three dreamy days in the wilderness of Catalina Island, three more days on the beaches of Newport and in the Magic Kingdom. two long drives to get us there and back. worth every second.


several sand carvings and people burying projects with all hands contributing.


a handful of hikes, biking, a plethora of swim days, an unexpected and extended trip to Park City for cousins and sleepovers. one seriously amazing summer of fun. and pictured or not, it was a great summer full of adventure!





6 comments:

Katie said...

looks like a great summer to me. You have a lot to show for those few weeks of heat and sun

Laura said...

It does look like a fun summer! I miss the beach and Disneyland. So glad to be back in the 'hood. Sammy is having so much fun getting to know Grace again. :)

Anonymous said...

We thoroughly enjoyed your three days in the wilderness on Catalina. I still need to send you the video of Ruby and the fox barking at each other!

JDM said...

No pressure but I so look forward to your posts as well. And I hope that you'll take before and after shots of your table to share! I found the greatest little "antique" shop that is full of awesome stuff that they've painted and given new life to. (and then charge a zillion for..smart) Anyhow we should get together again!

Unknown said...

That was a good summer

Scha&Andi said...

girl. you haven't blogged for almost a year. it's time to start.... been busy or what! well i do check in here and there. hope the cutest shirley fam is doing well. love your blog. love your fam. xo