Wednesday, June 16, 2010

a day or two off


I took the day off yesterday.

I gave myself permission to catch up on my google reader, start a new book, wax my upper lip (nope not kidding) and have a do nothing day. all things I have neglected and put off since oh, April. (not literally.) and I just couldn't pull it off.
I also had every intention to sit down and share some of my own retrospective; check in here and reconnect with my thoughts. because that's all this little blog is - my thoughts put to words put out into blog space.

but I didn't make it here. and that's ok.

I have been telling myself it's ok that I have not documented our life for over two months now.
but really I am not ok with it. and as I blew up at my girls today, while trying my hardest (ok at least trying) to do something nice for them, I realized my reality is skewed.

everything around me lately has felt overwhelming and crazy.

I don't like that feeling.

and that is why I like to blog. it keeps my perspective of reality positive.
not everything in life is rosy, and I think you get more than a good idea of that here. but when you look back on your life you gain perspective, and that in turn helps a person to gird up and do better. and reveling in the good is what it's all about, wouldn't you agree?
and I can play the blame game and write about how busy we have been, and we have been busy. I am now the master at grasping at straws and treading water. but rather I want to say that although I am sad not to be here, I know that it doesn't matter. everything in it's season, and lately the season of the moment is quiet in this space. but as always I am hoping that will change.
but for now all it really means is pizza for dinner tonight.

2 comments:

Tami said...

And look how happy pizza makes Ruby. And Amanda, I think we are all treading water- and its great to let yourself have a day off once in awhile!

Gayle said...

It is a good day for me when I can read your thoughts in this space. Please do not be too impatient with yourself or your family...when things get jammed up...make some toast.