big green party honorswe have heard that seven is a lucky number. it certainly is for this lass. we celebrated seven years filled with her laughter, love and optimism this month.
the day began with our customary pancake breakfast, made by a loving big sister no less.
and the week was filled with family well wishes and mass preparation for a st. patrick's day party. the house was bedecked in green, party games were planned, all made complete with a barbie cake made lovingly by mom. (you would never know I swore I would never embrace barbie anything - oh the the torn feelings I endure even still. it was the one request I hoped would make it THE birthday to remember.)
memories were certainly made as we searched for our own pot of gold, made good luck charms, and giggled and romped with 15 little misses in our home.
when all was said and done, Ella blew out candles four different times and she reveled in the all deserved attention. I have often heard not to do too much or make it too big a deal, but why not? shouldn't they know they are adored and revered by the ones who usually micro manage every aspect of their lives? the day they came into our lives was a big deal, and lots of reminders, even lumped together once a year birthday reminders, help make this known. well, this year I think she knows.
one more year until a milestone is set, already we have begun talk of what we get to prepare for next year. so grateful for the sweet whisperings of encouragement I have received in behalf of this miss. a growing testimony and an enthusiasm for faithful steps thrill our hearts as we watch her continue to grow into an amazing girl.
happy to you Miss Ella, our love for you is never ending, kinda like that rainbow we keep chasing.


1 comment:
the cake is awesome. Great job on the green party! Youare a great mom!
Post a Comment