Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I've got a joy! joy! joy! where?! down in my heart!

this has been a banner year for little miss Ruby. Joy School! and a joy it has been. several moms with kiddos Ruby's age work together to introduce the socialization of school and friends. we each take a turn in teaching in a rotation. our hopes are many - introductions to the world around them, alphabet recognition, and learning to share and play in a group. and the enthusiasm is overflowing - everyday Ruby grabs her back pack and demands it is a joy school day. this week we opened our home for Joy school and had a great time searching out autumn leaves and learning about the letter I. the favorite part of Joy school for Ruby seems to be her sitting "spot" and singing the welcome songs - we hear them all week long, and have even had requests at bedtime. welcome to the scholastic world little miss - so happy you are enjoying the experience.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Is it normal for me to feel a little bit emotional about this? I am not sure how I feel about having little Ru grow up, it is happening a little too fast.

I also bet it is so much fun having Joy School, can't wait to have little one's of my own and have them to my house for Joy School!

Unknown said...

I did Joy School too! Go Ruby!!!