Thursday, August 27, 2009

diggin it




so in my lack of blog activity I have grossly over looked many things. one BIG item being the birth of my sisters gardening business! this gutsy gal quit her day job, in the face of all this economic turmoil, to follow her dream. design and cultivate gardens. and she is good at what she does. her wealth of knowledge is one I love to pick over as I dream of the day when my yard might look like a magazine article in Metropolitan Home, or Sunset Magazine. I did mention I was DREAMING right? the biggest difference is that Jess can make my dreams come true - well except the magazine part, I mean I do know how to live in reality.

her business plan is designed with the do it yourself type in mind. which I think is quite genius, I mean she is my sister. and to add to my conviction: I am not the only one to sing her praise in that regard. you can hire her for any level of service - just need someone to talk over ideas and consult, she is your gal. want a plan and a list of plants, she can do it. want more in depth help, she can provide the plants and place them just so in your yard for you to come and lovingly deposit in the rich earth. she will work by your side holding your hand each step of the way. she also coordinates well with landscapers who may be on your payroll to put their backs into it, if that is what it takes, until your yard is the magazine dream as well. interested in getting some things done before the cold weather sets in? give her a call! just click on that new button on my side bar to get all the dirt. (he he he!)

I am truly looking forward to the day I can post pictures of my dreams when they finally come to fruition at Jessica's capable and talented hands. stay tuned though, it may take just a few months to get me started...

2 comments:

Jessica said...

The blog looks great Amanda! Thanks for your sweet post, your too nice.

JDM said...

I'll be calling her when we are ready to make a move on our yard! It's a lot of space and we have no idea where to start.