Thursday, January 29, 2009

stagnant progression

winter blah has settled in and I feel it around me like an itchy blanket lately. sunshine and blue sky have been so rare this winter, even more rare than on average, and when it is sunny there is no guarantee that the temperature will cooberate what your mind perceives as nice weather. ugh. I have been trying lots of angles to help alleviate the chaffing. I began with getting my butt on the treadmill and running on a regular basis. that has helped a little - especially since I added Gilmore Girls to the workouts - but I am still heavy on the bletch. so next was to try a bit of organizing - nothing helps a mood like cleaning out your closet right? except I recently chucked everything in light of a couple of moves we made, and that could be a culprit right there.

since a massive shopping spree isn't in my near future I turned to this - my office project.
nice pile, eh?


John agreed to share some office space with me, so I was bequeathed one wall in the office. I have been scrapin' together the necessities, my sewing table has become my desk. lucky me my mothers old kitchen table is available to take it's place in the "sewing" room (to be organized mid February to beat those blues). although I know that it originally felt like a sacrifice I think he is enjoying the layers of order that continue to surface in this space. it was such an accomplishment to go from frame one to this! and obviously a ways to go right? but it's coming along nicely.

this is what we have today. pared down to the basics - although I did remove the pile of recipes that need to be typed up and added to the recipe box rather than spill all over the kitchen. I am trying to decide what bright cheerful things need to adorn that crisp white wall and I am longing for a great desk chair to replace the one from the kitchen table I borrowed, but it does feel fantastic to sit here to read my favorite blogs and to do some browsing on eBay (nothing clears away more blah than a new pair of $200 jeans for $25!).
but I digress. sadly I know the blah ain't going anywhere 'til I get a few of those items on my goal list underway. you know like daily scriptures/prayer/cuddling/loving and enjoying the life around me. and maybe a new sweater in a great shade of green? here's to the January thaw sticking round 'til spring!


6 comments:

heidi said...

I love your new work space.

I am also working steadily on my goal list. All the things that you listed are on mine as well.

good luck with yours...I know you will accomplish them all no matter what!

Gayle said...

It is comming together. And I can't wait to get that old table up and running for you after your house guests leave. Hope you can enjoy the order you bring to your home and family. Would you enjoy a pink office chair? It is ergonomic. Naw..Your digs are too cool!

JDM said...

I am sitting on the floor reading your blog. So sitting at that desk does look GREAT!
And what a good influence you are. I think I'll try to organize some things I've been avoiding!

Oh and I'm not going to the concert for Nie. But since you are going I want a full report!

Mindy said...

It was so great seeing you, your girls and your cool new digs. Thanks so much for having me over, I hope you are feeling better. Good luck with the organizing.

Potters said...

Looks great, but what are the $200 jeans. I've lived on a budget so long I don't even know what those are? What brand are people going for now?

SHIPP said...

Good job on the running, that is more than I have been doing lately. Your final result looks great, and typing up recipes, I have to talk to you about this!