Thursday, January 8, 2009

Kanelbullar


I am a lucky girl to have LOTS and LOTS of sisters. I love them all and love to spend time with them. some live close by and I see them sometimes. others are far and I see them occasionally.
and one is even farther. but not for too much longer. last night her husband stopped by and we talked and talked about where they should live. my husband had lots of good things to say about where her husband would like to live. and her husband had lots of good reasons they should live there. and then I started calculating the time it might take me to go visit. I like to visit her,and it's been too long. and I realized, it's not much farther than before. the rumor is that it's a place brim with other kids. with older, larger, modest type homes with lots of yard and near green space and pools. there are good schools, good people and it's back doors open to the Wasatch Front proper, close to the canyons for hiking and skiing galore. near enough to all that's important; old friends and new jobs. flanked by family on both sides of the valley and right off the beaten path, easily accessible.
and I went to bed thinking about the days to come. filled with cousins and sisters. and thought of the times past when she has visited and taught me things, like baking cinnamon buns (kanelbullar) and bread; inspired me to "decorate" and live a higher standard of life. and her examples of strength, and mother hood, and her occasional call to hear my voice and say hello, to buoy me up or find strength in a sister.
and that it doesn't matter where she lives as long as I can get there by car in minutes rather than hours or days. this sister is moving home - she has lived abroad, in neighboring states, and in far away states. and now she is coming home where, it might not be easy to pop in on each other, but it isn't impossible.
can't wait!
one down two more to go, olly olly in come free ladies!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I so want to be near you. thank you for this sweet and tender reminder that my sisters are my best friends. I miss you all so much-can't wait to be close again.

Jenny and Josh said...

So excited! Now we just need to get Tyler and his Katie back home! No more of this spread out stuff, don't like it one bit! I guess that is what happens when your siblings are rockn' awesome!

John said...

Very sweet post.