Wednesday, November 12, 2008

here I am....


literally. most of my waking moments revolve around this room. not a bad room to frequent - especially if its clean. it's a nice place to live. and the crux of my story is that I am happy I'm here.
I no longer feel the stress of our "adventure", or dread my daily grind. normal is settling and it feels pretty nice.
don't be mislead, I still have several boxes to unpack (as evidenced in the picture) rooms to organize (with pleasure and anticipation of guests) and several touches to apply (oh, to hang something artistic!).
I am realizing that it's not necessarily the pictures on the wall that make it feel like it's home. it's the buzz in the air of feeling comfortable and happy in the place we reside.
happy we are.
our daughters adjustment was instant in this place. no sleepless nights or fretting moments of newness. we really came home.
I've taken my time to unpack and organize, and now that time is past. I now understand it is the new constant for us. the time has come for friends and family to fill our home with fun and love. so with that - come one and all to visit! there are no pictures on the walls, but the welcome mat is at the door and we look forward to seeing you grace our door!
so glad to be back - home.

11 comments:

Potters said...

Congratulations on your move "back home". I hope it was worth all the work.

Unknown said...

what a beautiful room to work and live in. How blessed you are Mandy. Wish you could have seen the tiny kitchen we had in SA, yours is a mammoth piece of ART compared. I love you and hope to stand on that doormat sometime fairly soon!

heidi said...

I am glad you're home and can't wait to see more pictures. The kitchen looks very streamlined and beautiful!

Michele said...

ooh! I want to come over and bake something. pumpkin chocolate chip cake anyone?

Jenny and Josh said...

The first word that popped into my head when I saw this picture was "sexy". Is that weird? Can a kitchen be considered sexy? Any way, we are excited to have the invite and see the place with all paint and countertops and furniture!

Nicole Hernandez said...

Wow! THat kitchen is gorgeous. Can't wait to come see it (and you guys) in person. Thanks for the welcome!

anna said...

I love your kitchen! I bet the rest of the house is just as beautiful!

Becky said...

That's one sweet kitchen. Way to go!

DeDee said...

Gorgeous! Hope we are on the visitors list...

Anonymous said...

Oh my!! It looks wonderful!! You guys have done a beautiful job.

SHIPP said...

your house looks so organized. you definitely have been busy! it is absolutely beautiful