
all weekend John and I (mostly John) swept and vacuumed, dusted and swept, blew out crevices and swept and vacuumed, wiped down and swept and vacuumed some more (all me that time). then we did it again so we would be ready bright and early Tuesday morning for this scene. isn't it a lovely mess? and it quickly went from this....

to this! clean bright and cheerful. I LOVE how the light is reflected off that shiny ceiling. and the orange. leave it to John and I to go bold - but I love how just that little bit lights up the house with such energy!

that is Ella holding her nose as she dashes to the deck upstairs "away from the smelly paint". I am intoxicated by that smelly paint. in a very good, non glue sniffing way.
next week interior doors, siding (it was supposed to start last week...) then hardwoods, and cabinets the following week. we are truly holding our breath, but not because of fumes.
and if anyone has any screaming deals on carpet worth actually installing in this place (I have unfortunately HIGH standards) I'd love any leads. so far my bottom line and the carpet show rooms are not in sync. again holding our breath...

and then there was this small surprise. actual glass in our living room window. (we just pretend the grass out there is nice and green a lush. at least we did our part to conserve water this year!)
and look at all the trucks reflected in that beautiful thing. I hope that's reflected each day for the next three weeks. the count down continues! the little red wagon moving corp. will be up and running again soon, I panic to think of it. let the good times continue to roll. PLEASE.
in other news - I have a great Whirlpool Gold stainless steel stove and dishwasher and an OK working m
icro hood (microwave and stove top hood/vent) I need to unload. I'd let it all go for $300. any takers? let me know.
6 comments:
That is so exciting! Can't wait to see it in person. I love the orange beams as well. The rooms are so bright and airy - you are going to be loving it in two months. :)
I love how how much light gets into your house. It looks awesome. Good luck this weekend on your race!
Those beams look flipping sweet.
But I think I am going color blind because they look red to me :(
Mandy it looks awesome. Great vision! good luck with the race, enjoy your husband...
I LOVE the orange! You better stock up on those little booties...I think we are all anxious for the tour!
I am so excited for you guys! Next time we fly into SLC I am coming straight over to your place to check it out. Hope you don't mind me showing up with 2 cranky little girls after a 4.5 hour flight. Keep these awesome pictures coming, it is looking awesome!!!!
Post a Comment