Friday, September 28, 2007

a pause in the action

FYI: we have been having health issue round these parts lately and since I have a free minute to share our malady I thought I would. two weekends ago we had a fun time at the county fair (post in the works) where Grace and Ella got to pet some cows among other fun experiences. And although I have nothing against cows man that cow shared something nasty! Ecoli entered our lives; needless to say hands were not washed and the next week brought many unhappy moments in the bathroom for Ella and Ruby.
Ruby was a trooper and weathered it quite well. When it hit Ella she refused to eat or drink and we ended up doing an overnighter in the Rapid Treatment Unit at Primary Children's Hospital(another post) for dehydration. Those people can do magic I tell you. We walked in with a zombie child and came out with our child. We think all is well and we hit the road.
All was pretty well until Wednesday when Ruby started to show signs of complications for the ecoli and we ended up bringing her in late that night and she was admitted for observation(yet another post to be written). The complications could be catastrophic, but now two days later she is doing fabulous and may escape barely scathed and unharmed. This is the reason for my long pause from blogging, but I am sure you'll understand.
Many thanks to all those who have shared your love and prayers. We have been so lucky to have such an amazing network of support. I am so grateful. WE are so grateful! I will update as I can, but I have a lot to say and not much time to be away from the little gal right now. I look forward to getting it to you soon!
Thanks again and please keep praying for us - for her especially!
much love, Amanda

5 comments:

heidi said...

serena emailed me with the news of your family and I was heart broken. There is nothing worse than when one or more of our children are hurting or ill. Our prayers are with you at this time and I hope everything turns around quickly and you all are up and running soon.

Potters said...

So glad to hear they are doing better! So GLAD!
Serena

Katie said...

We are so happy the girls are improving. Thanks for posting, we love you!

Christie said...

Oh, good, I'm glad they're doing better. Franz told our mom and she told me, and you all have been in my prayers. I hope everything is better soon.

Nicole Hernandez said...

We are so glad the girls are doing better and there won't be any long-term affects. We love you guys.
Nikki