So I can be adult and admit that I have serious blog envy. It would almost be life envy, but my life is pretty good, even if it's not perfect. And I can't complain about a great family package. But I find myself ease dropping more and more often on new and, to me, more exciting lives in the blogging world. and I know, I'm not the only one!
I have a not so secret something to share, it has saved me sooooo much time and kept me from spending more time than absolutely necessary at my computer. (okay I also realize none of it is necessary, except it helps me feel sane.) If you haven't learned already GOOGLE is out to take over the world, gratefully I don't really mind. They have created this fabulous tool to save time for all of us who check multiple websites daily. Google reader is set up so you visit one website to see what has been posted on all the others you keep track of! Visit:http://www.google.com/reader/view/#overview-page and sign up for this great service.
And now that I have shared I would love some of your bloggin' tips. I have noted that many of you have some fantastic graphics and I could really use a clue, so any tips you're willing to share I am will to try! Be gentle, I am a bit computer illiterate. And until I can get it together enough to want to ease drop on my own life, I'll see you all on my reader!
Tuesday, September 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


10 comments:
I like it. I went to the site and I think I am too computer illiterate to figure out how to add more blog sites to the list. I'll have to look more closely.
I see your Google Reader and raise you one iGoogle. If you go here: http://www.google.com/ig?hl=en, you can log in using your Google username/password and customize your own Google homepage.
This way you see your Google Reader feeds, but also any other content you like. Mine has:
* Jon Stewart quote of the day
* CNN headlines
* Gmail inbox
* Calendar/clock
* Foreign exchange calculator ($ to rand)
* Weather in Dallas (so I know when it's safe to go home)
* Wikipedia search box
My tip of the day...
okay John, how do I add lists of blogs to see if there is a new post like Amanda's post said?
Heidi
(blog friend and Serena's sister in law)
darinjackman@yahoo.com thanks!!
mandee next time we are together and by a computer I will show you a place you can go to learn lots of fun graphics stuff for you blog.
Gee...and I thought I was doing well just being able to FINDd each of your blogs and cleaver to figure out how to leave comments! So much to Google and so little time! Mom
PS Amanda and Jenny a tutorial is demanded! ( I would include John but the computer alone is intimidating not to think of me at my computer and John half a world away blithly instructing me on iGoogle and so forth and I am struglling to remember what my password is ...dah)
I am sitting at my Imac while John sits behind me on his laptop as we speak. I've just reprimanded him that his wife had no idea such a cool google service was available. And to think I've been dividing by 7 for weeks now to figure out how much I'm spending on groceries and stuff!
Alright already, so your envious; don't let it stop you from posting! I want to hear from you...
Johnny and Amanda-
We got a call from Grandma Shirley telling us about Ella and Ruby. We are very concerned and will be praying very hard for their quick recovery. Take care. Love, Nikki
We too got the call and have been praying for a full recovery! Our hearts and prayers are with you! Eloise was so sad she cried last night.
Serena and Franz
Post a Comment