Saturday, September 1, 2007

And so it begins.... again.


Grace started Second Grade on Tuesday.

John and I were pleasantly sruprised to find her awake, bed made, and getting dressed when we entered her room at 7 am. WOWZA! She was excited.

After meeting her teacher on Monday and seeing her new room and locker her excitement only grew. We even got violin practice done before it was time to rush out the door for that first day! With only a moment of hesitation as she walked into school, she was elated when she got home. That evening during family prayer she gave thanks for her teacher and the chance to go to school. Oh Blessed day! What peace that gives me as a Mom, it wipes out those moments of heartache and anguish you feel as you hustle them through those shining doors into the halls of knowledge, once again. Here is to a great second year - lets hope it last like this!

2 comments:

heidi said...

I love 2nd grade because they grow up so much and you can almost see it as it happens. It's sad too, I hate that they have to grow up!

Gayle said...

Wow, Gracie!!! I am so happy for you and so glad your Mom is happy about 2nd grade! Hope it is a wonderful year, and it will be if you stay so positive and happy. Love you, Grandma Noodle