
So unless you've been living under a rock - or don't have kids - then you are aware that Disney's Highschool Musical 2 premiered on Friday.
Oh the excitement was intense! We went to Bountiful to watch with our Graham cousins who were boarding a plane the next morning for Johannesburg, South Africa. Our last chance to spend time to monopolize them for a long time. So we gathered together in the cool basement and cuddled up for the duration!
What a crazy phenom this show is. A world wide hit that spans all ages, and I mean ALL ages. True confessions - I was just as excited! I was very weary when Gracie mentioned this show, the one ALL her little friends were talking about. We had to see it, so reluctantly we brought it home and popped it in the DVD. So I was relieved, and oh so surprised, as we watched for the first time. I must give kudos to Disney for creating a show with a positive message with characters I am not afraid of my daughter's imitating. (No aspiring Britney Spears, as far as I can tell.) And more over this show reminds me of so many Sunday afternoons watching "Singing in the Rain" or a thousand other musical movies on our local PBS stations. Oh how I longed to be one of the many performers! So this show has rekindled some of those fun feelings - and to get to share that excitement with my daughters, sisters, Moms and cousins that we love so much, lets just say it was well worth the over tired next day! (I hope the Grahams feel somewhat the same.) Here's to many more viewings of this show - we've already seen it twice and I think they'll see it again today at a friends not to mention adding it to our DVD collection when available. And here's to great friends to share all the good and the bad as we each evolve. We love you and Miss you already Grahams!


8 comments:
That show really is darling! Its amazing how much people have loved it! Exciting that I passed my test huh! I would love to do some haircuts for your family. Right now I'm doing it out of my house. Just give me a call and I could fit you in! Call Ty or Katie to get my phone number.
Amanda I am sick that I did not get over to see you!! Will you forgive me? ......It was a trip jen gave me so we could get the kids together, I did not think I would get to see everyone, but I somehow managed to see a couple of the Hadfield crew. I was sad I didn't get to see you and the girls, give them XOXOX. I will see you soon I have a free one way voucher ticket with Jet blue that needs to be used in Sep or Oct, so I will stop by and see you or lets plan a play date.
I'm so honored to be on your friends list. -smile-
Yep, our girls were invited to a friends for a girl's gathering to watch the show. Might I point out they do kiss at the end and I think would have gone further if not for the sprinklers. Definitely some rampant hormones there.
Serena
Hey! I love your blog. I have a hard drive and dsl that will let me see it! I am so excited, even more excited that seeing High School Musical 2 with you all! love Mom
Hey - it took an entire year for those two to kiss. (between movies respectively) I can handle that. and I accept that when my girls are in HIgh School they will be kissing boys - I just want to be informed about it. I won't complain too much if the boys ar like the Wildcats. You know lots of singing and dancing rather than hanging out and making out!
Addison also went to a premiere party and slumber party. She had a blast and is still singing. I guess I'll have to see this one as well. I did enjoy the first one (the first 5 or 6 times at least.)
It was a great way to send off the Grahams, so many happy tunes to remember you all by. Glad we spent the time together, I think they sang, "we can work this out together' in the kitchen. A great theme song for our family!
Post a Comment