Friday, June 29, 2007

I Believe in Fairytales


Yes, it is true. I believe in fairy tales. And not just because I got to marry my very own prince. You see, when I very first laid eyes on him it was literally love at first sight. (Well at least 15 year old love.) And over the last 18 years of my life I have had the privilege of falling in love with the same guy over and over again.

John has a very intense nature. He takes his passions very seriously - he works hard and plays harder. I have always admired his eagerness to excel at everything he does. He is resolute in his testimony and his dedication to the gospel. He adores his daughters. He is tireless and unstoppable when he sets a goal. He is a person I can admire and look up to, but still feel equal to at the end of the day. He loves to laugh and have fun. He takes time each day to be a dad and a husband. And he is patient with me when I fall short. He is, to me, everything a real prince should be.

Today is that guys birthday, and I just gotta say I am one lucky little damsel.

Happy Birthday, Prince Charming - many more great years are still to come.

No comments: