as I was taking a moment to make our bed this morning I looked out the window to see this.
the results from two days of labor for two enthusiastic girls.
although our yard is bordered by trees,
our yard does not boast the abundance of autumn our girls would like to frolic in.
so, as "a service to the neighbors," they spent much of Saturday afternoon and even a few minutes on Sunday (until they were busted) to rake and collect the neighbors leaves.
they then deposited them in our leafless back yard.
dreams of gigantic piles, I am sure, filled their heads.
and now Monday evening is upon us and the pile has yet to be disturbed - there are other draws for their attention today such as homework, good books, coloring, and Activity Day fun.
and no amount of encouragement seems to be helping either.
being as the weather forecasts call for rain later tonight and snow tomorrow,
I almost feel sorry for the leaves.
mostly I feel sorry for my industrious girls - all that work and none of the fun....
why do I feel that is a reflection on what I have taught my children?
please excuse me, I have a date with a pile of leaves.


No comments:
Post a Comment