
as we were so excited that our new car came with a new adventure, and a little "get away" for John and I, we began to make our plans and reservations for the trip. we thought all items were neatly arranged for and when the day arrived we dashed to the airport to catch our one way flight to Chicago. only they didn't have our tickets.
no Shirley's scheduled to be on board today, was our greeting. panic ensued.
after some sleuthing and a phone call to home (where our itinerary had remained),
we were informed our purchased tickets were for a month in the future.
oops! being the gallant husband he is, John went to work secured our spots on that days flight and off we went. that left two one way tickets to Chicago looming in our future, and new plans began to bud. as we ran from sight to sight we kept saying to each other, we'll be back in a month so we can catch that then. or I'd like to do this next time. excitedly we made more plans to visit again - this time with better weather, so we can rent bikes and really see the city.
fast forward one month...

a new opportunity arose and we jumped at the chance to trade in our extra trip to the Windy City for a family trip to Lake Powell. I mean who can resist an invitation for a weekend of sun sand and waves?

near perfect conditions for a chance to hang off the
back of a boat and try new and exciting water sports.

and we didn't have to leave these three for a single minute to enjoy any of it. this was the cherry a top our sundae of fun - time for the two of us plus a glorious family fun filled adventure all within one month. life can be pretty good, don't you think?
3 comments:
I'm toally laughing at the airport part! I did that same thing last time I came to Utah only I missed my flight. Good Trade! I love Lake Powell! So beautiful!
we loved the trip. so glad you came. did you get the link to the other photos i took.
So fun! I love Chicago so much! It is my favorite big city.
Post a Comment