Thursday, February 19, 2009

it must end.

really it must.
this fog that I feel follows me around and clings to my mind all day long.
negative nelly is my nick name of late.
or 10 o'clock - John believes I can't be bright and cheery before 10.
and as I have mentioned, I blame the weather.
but it's not all snow and gloom that keeps me down. no, it's just me lately.

today I woke to find there wasn't a single cloud in the sky.
there was actual daylight gathering to the east before 7 am.
the air is crisp and clean, with some bite to make sure you are alive.
my whole body tingles with the anticipation that spring should be here.
my toes long to feel smooth concrete and cool grass beneath.
if that ground hog is correct, it's still weeks away.
but I need it now.

we have plans for a little get away this week end.
my house needs a good once over before I can pack for our escape.
I must find a way to get up and do it.
I NEED to shake this funk.
awake my creative sensibilities once again and enjoy the happiness of life as it unfolds.

this is my pledge.
today I am going to revel in the vitamin soaked rays of sunshine.
then dust out the cobwebs and clutter and begin to appreciate the joy that is life.
we are not meant to experience joy in every moment I understand;
but seeking out the next moment of joy, or finding joy in the regular is the journey I must pursue.

now is the time of my own personal springtime.
blooming a little brighter starting today.
join me?

6 comments:

Jessica said...

I'm with you AJ - spring time it is, along with all the glory of new life. Let's make it happen, make the anew begin today! Love you - have fun this weekend!

Unknown said...

I like your decision to pursue a joyful course. Can we walk that course together? Loving the homemade valentines Mandy, and the love burritos too. What a great creative family you are!

John said...

You just need a short trip somewhere warm and sunny. Oh wait, I hear it's 75 degrees in Texas and you have a free place to stay with great waffles!

Teisha said...

I have to agree with John a quick trip to somewhere warm and sunny could go a long way! Hey it's 75-80 everyday here would love to have you! Not sure I could compete with the waffles though.

Gayle said...

So? Where did you and John escape to this sunny weekend? It was a beautiful sunny day on Saturday. I soaked in every bit of pure clean sunshine we could in Moab. What a marvelous eatch we have been blessed with. Even the wonder of the red rocks and the strange forms they have taken was joyous! Helped buffer the greyness of today, Sunday. I hope the spring comes soon and we are not too busy to notice it's subtle arrival.

Mindy said...

Hey I hear you! We just got 15 inches of snow dumped on us today. I'll try to find the joy in the journey towards spring. I just fear that this will be a long journey for us New Englanders.