Thursday, September 18, 2008

love notes

birthday celebrations June 2008

I love that you are so young at heart.

I love how my heart melts when you smile at me with those deep "smiley" eyes.

I love how giddy you get over snowfall, even though it means you will be with me less.

I love the conviction of your testimony. though I have rarely heard it in words; I see it in action.

I love that I still get butterflies when you gently take my hand, or guide me by holding the small of my back.

I love the way our daughters light up when you FINALLY get home from work.

I love that you call me to shoot the breeze when you're driving to meetings, or on your way home. I love how you stay on the phone until you've walked in the door.

I love the details about your day and the way you wrap me up as you say hello.

I love that you enjoy your profession, and that you are so talented at what you do.

I love that after 12 years of marriage, I still can't fall asleep without you holding me close until I have slipped into dream land.

I love that you are mine, for all time and eternity. along with the beautiful three we have brought into this world together.

I love to be close to you, even after a long day, when nothing is said between us.

I love that you are the person I most want to share things with. my closest friend and confidant.

I love to see you smile and interact with our girls. I love to see how in love with you they have become.

I love that although life is rarely perfect around here, you are happy. and that makes me happy, too.

5 comments:

heidi said...

I love that you are soo in love...very sweet.

Lisa Cannon said...

Ok, that made me tear up. That was sooo sweet. You guys are so cute together!!!

Unknown said...

public gushing? where did you come up with that idea ;)
love you!

DeDee said...

Very sweet...isn't it great to still be in love!

P.S. Does John know about this PDA? ;)

Anonymous said...

Aw, what a nice tribute.