Well, life has slowed to a pace I can almost handle - that and my family cleaned my entire house while I haven't been around! That is a miracle in and of itself.
The miracle I have on my mind just now is that Ruby is coming home - we think! Pending two more blood tests and some good looking results: we will bring our baby home tomorrow. It is kind of appropriate that she'll come home on a Sunday afternoon. Fitting because I absolutely believe without a doubt that it was your faith and prayers that have helped her to heal rather than halt.
It was interesting to me that a week ago as John gave Ella and Ruby blessings, while it was Ella who was really in dire straights, she got a very short and to the point blessing. As John blessed Ruby I was surprised to hear him bless her with more specific needs and elaborated on how important she was to our family. Isn't the Priesthood amazing? He somehow knew she needed more than her sister even though our worry was all about Ella at the time.
Enter You All. When things really hit the fan for Ruby you were all ready to add your prayers to ours and the blessing John gave her, and she was on her way to getting better rather than worse. When she was admitted to the hospital late that night I was assured many times our stay would be no less than a week and probably 10 days to several weeks, depending on how severe she became. They pretty much guaranteed she would have blood transfusions and the possibility for dialysis was very high because of her age. They had no idea that she had an ace in the hole - our glorious and wonderful family and friends and a Father in Heaven who we know without a doubt loves and cares for her well being! Ruby is coming home!
I can never express our gratitude for the way you have blessed us in this time of need. Not only is Ruby getting better, but I never lost my mind! Being the person who got the hear ALL the bad news I could FEEL your prayers and strength and was able to endure the possibilities of endless days of treatments, and have faith myself that all would be well. So Grateful!! Thank you for sharing your miracle of faith to bring Ruby home! We love you all!
Saturday, September 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
Woo hoo! We love you Ella and Ruby!
It's a touching and faith building story. So glad she's coming home.
Nikki
What wonderful news! I'm so happy for you and your family.
Yeah! We are so glad and we love you guys a ton!
So glad everything is on the mend. It's always great to be reminded of what true faith is. we'll continue to keep Ruby in our prayers.
Wow, what a relief. We were so worried. We're coming up to Salt Lake next weekend for conference. We would love to see you.
*I'm not sure what's going on with Tami and Dan's blog. I'll ask them.
My heart and prayer are with you and your family!
So how are the girls doing this week? We can't wait to see you all in November. Are you driving out? You have to stop at our house! It is one hour to Michele and Doug's from here.
Serena
Post a Comment