

I am finally posting an update on the big RACE! Many of you have inquired so here are the details. TEAM JSA made a great showing:
Johnny Rocked his Race finishing in 10 hours 56 minutes - and took a bonus: King of the MOUNTAIN for his starting group! He was thrilled to be finished and to have rode a great race! He has said he isn't interested in riding the entire race again, but would love to share the joy and get a group to relay with him. I am skeptical that he will stick by that so I have to write it down some where so I can hold him to it!
John SR. Also rode a fabulous race, with a finish time of 12 hours 11 minutes - he rode that thing solo and rode it strong! He came in 19 out of 55 on the King of the Mountain - STRONG I tell you!
Patrick completed his 206 miles - He wouldn't cave and that shows his tenacity! Good job Alabama boy!
Amber had to stop at mile 125, but I hear she is already talking about a rematch.
WAY TO GO TEAM!
This race was amazing - the racers, the supporters, the whole event was incredible! As a first time supporter it was overwhelming to see how many participants there were all around. Very inspiring - maybe I'll be posting for us both in 2008. It was a bit much for our girls to apprieciate, but they loved cheering for their daddy and Grandpa and couldn't wait to see Amber and Patrick at the finish line! I know we'll be doing this again at some point so I'm glad to have had this chance to figure things out for next time! See you in o8 people!


10 comments:
That is AMAZING! I can't believe they did it. I could never (nor would ever want to) do it. Good for them. I really admire them for it.
Nikki
I know the feeling of seeing someone accomplish something they set out to do. It makes my heart smile! Congratulations to your whole family and I'll be waiting to read your post about the day you and your husband both crossed the finish line together in '08.
Way to go John! WOW I had no idea this was so huge! Count me in for support if you decide to do it next year Amanda! Sorry I have to ask this...but what does King of the Mountain really mean? I know its really good. Congratulations to John Sr. as well and Amber and Patrick...what an accomplishment! Mom-Gayle
King of the Mountain is awarded to the riders who ride the last and biggest Hill (The Summit) in the final mountain pass of the race in the fastest times.
WOW!! Looking good, what a great athletic family.
WAY TO GO JOHN!
Way to go little bro! (Michele)
Wow! What an amazing accomplishment. Tell him we said congrats!
Will we see you on Sunday to say goodbye to Jake and Jeni?
Great job Johnny! We knew you could do it, and are proud of you.
Whao! Next, you - me - Katie - and someone else. LotoJa relay, its on.
Post a Comment