Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Independance Day


Today is July 4th; and although our day got off to a rocky start (the result of many late nights and then getting up early for a chuck wagon breakfast) I was struck, yet again by the overwhelming knowledge that this is God's country.

This morning while we sat listening to the patriotic music and the Pledge of Allegiance, I was, of course, caught with a lump in my throat as I pondered the importance of what our fore fathers did for us. I am always overwhelmed when I hear the Anthem sung. What a wealth of gratitude I feel for all those men and women who have fought for our freedoms throughout the centuries and years. That we as a nation have such a wonderful legacy to celebrate. And for those who now go to the aid of many nations without questioning and serve those who cannot protect themselves. I am grateful and humbled to live in this time and place.

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY TO ALL.

No comments: